Being Single in a Family Ward

ctr2961

2 minutes ago, zil said:

The only other case I know of is when someone requests for personal reasons to have their records transferred to another ward in their stake (or perhaps the neighboring stake).  Examples I've heard of are work schedule and personal conflict with someone in your geographic ward.  In this case the stake president(s) Office of the First Presidency (HB 1, 13.6) has to approve the change, and your records are transferred.

I've but your original in italics (I don't know how to strike out on this forum), and the correction is in bold.

Anything else is you just acting on your own without your records transferred.  If your records are not transferred, these things are more-or-less true:

• It has some degree of financial impact - e.g. if you pay tithes and offerings, it would go against your ward's numbers, but the expense of you (if any) would go against the ward you're attending (e.g. you attend their activities, or get manuals or the like from them).

This isn't true.  Tithing and Fast Offerings are recorded within the unit you pay it to (If you pay online, it goes to the unit that has your membership record).  The budget for adults is calculated solely off of Sacrament meeting attendance, and is indifferent to membership status.  So, whichever ward you attend gets money for your presence.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:42 AM, ctr2961 said:
Does anyone knows the rules about being single in a family ward? This sounds like a dumb question but in the pasts I been approached by members of the stake presidency and a few members of my non Utah ward that unattached singles should not be participating in family ward activities(picnics, temple trips, testimony Sunday) and I should only be going to the singles ward which is 60 miles(out of Stake) away every Sunday.  The Bishop was not informed about this.   I just want an understanding why I was told this.

We had an RS President who was single.  She was in her 50's, never been married, no children.  Maybe it's because she aged out of YSA that's why she's in our ward but right now we have several young singles who has been going to our ward since they were in primary (I taught several of them in CTR cass!).  I don't know why you are told that, but it sounds like it is wrong basing on our ward.  Our young singles usually end up organizing our ward activities because we don't have activity chairperson anymore.

That's so rude of those members to tell you which ward you "should" go to. That's none of their business. 

In regards to singles wards, usually they want singles between the ages 18-30 (sometimes 31, at my old singles ward there used to be a guy there who was 32). If you're older than that, then the family ward is the next step. Simple as that :) 

Again sorry that you were told that, it's so offputting but sometimes people don't have filters. What can you do.

Wish there was a Newly Wed/Nearly Dead ward in my area. Like my sister goes to. The screaming babies, loud jabbering toddlers and gossiping [again loudly] teens with each other and their 30-40 something mothers drive me and Hubby insane! Even wearing the Comtek devices doesn't screen all of that out.

I absolutely love my sisters ward. Hearing ALL of sacrament, GD and RS without the use of the Comtek device is pure, reverent bliss!!!