I need some serious advice

LePeel

On 8/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, LePeel said:

I need some serious advice about a serious topic. Here's the rundown. I'm a 24 year old male, I was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood this year. Shortly thereafter, at work, I find myself thinking about marriage and dating (par for the course.) I was feeling kind of eager to try my hand at dating again, but then the thought came to me that if I was married I couldn't serve a mission. Such a thought I found strange because I had never seriously considered going on a mission, it must've been inspiration. A couple more things of that kind happened and I determined I ought to go on a mission. 

Now, here's the where my concerns are. I'm 24 years old and by the time I actually get into the mission and complete it, I'll be like 26 or 27. At this point I will desire to find a wife. Problem: this probably won't happen in an instant. I may end up being 28, 29, or even 30 by the time I'm married. I'm worried about the biological clock, me or her being too old to adapt to married life as well as if we were younger, and the fact that, at this point, I have no education beyond a GED. Basically, I'm at a vulnerable time to just pack up and go on a mission. I trust God, and I'd be fine living single and homeless for the rest of my days as a result of this mission. 

Anyways, I need some serious advice, 

Or you could go to college, get married, and then go on a mission with your wife when you retire.

About college, they have these really neat certificates that you can earn in some technical field that'll earn you far more money on your first job than any of the degrees out there.

• 2 weeks later...
LePeel sanoi 31.8.2018 klo 18.37:

Tarvitsen vakavia neuvoja vakavasta aiheesta. Tässä on röyhkeä. Olen 24-vuotias mies, ja minut asetettiin Aaronin pappeuteen tänä vuonna. Pian Sen Jälkeen, työssä, Aion ajatella avioliittoa ja dating (par kurssille.) Olin Tunne innostunut kokeilla kättäni vuodelta uudelleen, mutta sitten Ajatus tuli minulle, Että Jos olisin naimisissa, Voisin OLLA "T Palvelevat tehtävää. Tällainen Ajatus, jonka löysin outoa KOSKA fi oli koskaan ollut vakavasti harkittavissa tehtävän menemistä, se olisi pitänyt innoituksen. Pari muuta tällaista asiaa tapahtui ja päätin, että minun pitäisi mennä lähetystyöhön. 

Tässä, missä olen huolenaiheeni. Olen 24-vuotias ja kun olen todella päässyt lähetystyöhön ja suorittanut sen, olisin kuin 26 tai 27. Tässä vaiheessa haluan löytää vaimon. Ongelma: tämä ei todennäköisesti tapahdu hetkessä. Voin päätyä 28, 29 tai jopa 30 vuoteen, kun olen naimisissa. Olen huolissani biologisesta kellokortista, ollessani liian vanha sopeutumaan avioliitolle ja jos olisimme nuorempi ja siitä, että tällä hetkellä minulla ei ole koulutusta jälkeen GED. Pohjimmiltaan olen haavoittuvassa ajassa vain pakata ja mennä lähetystyöhön. Luotan Jumala, ja olisin hienoa elää yksinäisenä ja kodittomana muina päivinä tämän tehtävän seurauksena. 

Joka tapauksessa, tarvitsen vakavia neuvoja, 

Kun minä did yong (19-20-year old), menin ensin temppeliin ja otin lahjoituksen ja temppelin ajankohdan jälkeen Lähetä Lähetyssaarnaaja 1 vuosi. Haluan, että sinun pitäisi mennä temle ja seuraavaksi miettiä mitä. Mabe olet masto, joka puhuu valkoisen piispan, mitä hän ajattelee.

Edited by M.K.H.

5 hours ago, M.K.H. said:

Kun minä did yong (19-20-year old), menin ensin temppeliin ja otin lahjoituksen ja temppelin ajankohdan jälkeen Lähetä Lähetyssaarnaaja 1 vuosi. Haluan, että sinun pitäisi mennä temle ja seuraavaksi miettiä mitä. Mabe olet masto, joka puhuu valkoisen piispan, mitä hän ajattelee.

Can anyone translate Finish?

9 minutes ago, pam said:

Can anyone translate 'Finish?

Google tries.  As usual, it sucks.  

When I did Yong (19-20-year old), I first went to the temple and took the donation and after the time of the temple, send the Missionary 1 year. I want you to go to temle and then think about what. Mabe you're a mast who speaks a white bishop what he thinks.

From that let me see if I can get the main gist of what he said... When he was young, he went to the temple to seek advice.  He served his mission 1 year after that.  So his advice is to go to the temple and ask God.

If I got that right, I think it's excellent advice.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, LePeel said:

I need some serious advice about a serious topic. Here's the rundown. I'm a 24 year old male, I was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood this year. Shortly thereafter, at work, I find myself thinking about marriage and dating (par for the course.) I was feeling kind of eager to try my hand at dating again, but then the thought came to me that if I was married I couldn't serve a mission. Such a thought I found strange because I had never seriously considered going on a mission, it must've been inspiration. A couple more things of that kind happened and I determined I ought to go on a mission. 

Now, here's the where my concerns are. I'm 24 years old and by the time I actually get into the mission and complete it, I'll be like 26 or 27. At this point I will desire to find a wife. Problem: this probably won't happen in an instant. I may end up being 28, 29, or even 30 by the time I'm married. I'm worried about the biological clock, me or her being too old to adapt to married life as well as if we were younger, and the fact that, at this point, I have no education beyond a GED. Basically, I'm at a vulnerable time to just pack up and go on a mission. I trust God, and I'd be fine living single and homeless for the rest of my days as a result of this mission. 

Anyways, I need some serious advice, 

one trust god. two if you have the opportunity to take a mission, take it. don't worry about the biological cloc... but if you do take your worries to him.
if he was able to help out Abraham and his wife, he can help you.

17.9.2018 klo 17.12 anatess2 sanoi:

Google yrittää. Kuten tavallista, se imee.  

Kun annoin Yongin (19-20-vuotias), menin ensin temppeliin ja otin lahjoituksen ja temppelin aikaan, lähetä lähetyssaarnaaja 1 vuosi. Haluan sinun mennä temle ja sitten miettiä mitä. Mabe olet masto, joka puhuu valkoisen piispan, mitä hän ajattelee.

Tästä päästä katsomaan, voinko saada tärkeimmät asiat, mitä hän sanoi ... Kun hän oli nuori, hän meni temppeliin pyytääkseen apua. Hän palveli tehtäväänsä 1 vuosi sen jälkeen. Joten hänen neuvonsa mennä temppeliin ja pyytää Jumalaa.

Jos saan sen oikein, mielestäni se erinomaisesta neuvonnasta.

Kirjoitin suomeksi: Kun olin 19-20-vuotias, menin temppeliin saamaan endaumentin (lahjoitus) ja sen jälkeen päätin menä lähetystyöhön. Neuvoni aloitajalle: Mene ensimmäinen temppeliin (temppeliin) saamaan endaumentti (endowment) ja mene sitten keskustelemaan piispan kanssa ja miettiä.

Toivon, että voit kääntää tämän nyt.

Edited by M.K.H.

27 minutes ago, M.K.H. said:

Kirjoitin suomeksi: Kun olin 19-20-vuotias, menin temppeliin saamaan endaumentin (lahjoitus) ja sen jälkeen päätin menä lähetystyöhön. Neuvoni aloitajalle: Mene ensimmäinen temppeliin (temppeliin) saamaan endaumentti (endowment) ja mene sitten keskustelemaan piispan kanssa ja miettiä.

Awesome!  Thanks, M.K.H.  My understanding was not too far off!

Okay, @LePeel,  what M.K.H.'s advice is:  First, go to he temple and get your endowments.  Then you can go to the bishop and decide if a mission is right for you.  I think it's good advice!

I have one small thing to add. I did not serve a mission. I made some big mistakes, I confessed before my endowment. During the repentance process I met a girl, I honestly didn't  think a mission was an option anymore. I proposed to her. Then the stake president tells me I can serve my mission. I choose to get married to her in the Temple instead.  I love my wife deeply, I love the family we have together. But I will always regret not choosing to serve a mission. I feel like a Jonah to a degree.

I would advice you to give the Lord His two years and let life sort itself after that.

2 hours ago, M.K.H. said:

image.png.9834ab2b772d8da41b843d47d8097a27.png

Edited by Vort

Have to put this in context... Rebecca lied on her job interview about knowing Finnish because she thought it would make her seem smarter if she is multilingual and according to her there are so few people that speak Finnish she will never meet anybody who speaks it and have to prove herself.  So she got the job and they were at a business function and her boss happened on some guys from Nokia who speak Finnish...

It would be sooo cool if @M.K.H. can tell us what the Nokia guys said in this scene!

Edited by anatess2