LDS Church History: The Night the Stars Fell

Church history is my JAM. There's few things in life I love more than a riveting Church history story — but unfortunately, Church history gets a lot of flack. Yes, people made mistakes. Yes, leaders were imperfect. And yes, I thought "garish day" was "garbage day" in "Lead Kindly Light" for way too long. Not related to Church history, but I just really needed to get that off my chest. But even though there are stories about imperfect people making mistakes, there are also stories about imperfect people doing incredible things — receiving revelations, seeing angels, and exercising incredible faith in the midst of persecution. And those are the stories I want to share with you. This story, which took place in 1833, will be the first of many in a series of little-known Church history vignettes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  The Night the Stars Fell from Heaven Philo Dibble, an early member of the restored Church of Jesus Christ, recorded a miraculous event in the form of...

View the full article