Nike

mirkwood

My opinion.  I remember spending my first night in the army.  As I have done my whole life to that point, I knelt by by bunk and said a vocal prayer.  As a bright eye Later-day Saint - I had no idea of the backlash.  But there was a backlash to the backlash.  Some of my worse critics were baptized and became Later-day Saints - or at least tried to do so.  One black fellow, I will call Lewis became much more - he became a personal friend.  Lewis was well educated (college grad), smart and married with a little girl.  He joined the army because he was black and could not get any other jobs.  He was such a great guy I could not and would not believe he could not get any other job just because he was black.  We had many discussions about this.

Lewis was killed in Vietnam.  When I got out of the army - being in the military was not a popular or honorable thing to most college age kids.  I did not do well with protesters - I even got involved physically.  I have determined that any response to fools and idiots is not worth it.  Anything done to convince a fool and an idiot that they are a fool and an idiot only makes them more so.

Some ideas:

1. There is no real discernible difference between serfs and slaves.  - 90% of white people from Europe are decedents of medieval serfs.  I recently discovered that I am a descendant of a white slave in early America.  Slavery is not a heritage unique to blacks - is it not uncommon for blond hair, blue eyed genetics.  And it is not an excuse for not being a responsible adult.

2. Black people do not need black leaders, black teachers, black role models or black anything else.  Segregation has already been tired and failed. 

3. the number one reason for not getting along with or to not support the police - is because someone is trying to break the law.

4. The biggest problem faced by our society is the breakup of families.

5. The second biggest problem faced by our society is the recreational use of drugs.  Including alcohol. 

6. No one is a hero that is involved in the recreational use of drugs.  It does not make anyone better - ever.

7. There is a reason that sports are controlled by beer for recreation commercials. The world would be better off with a beer protest.

8. there is a problem with law enforcement - but the problem is more political the genetic.

The Traveler

• 8 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

Virtue signaling is for a moment; hatred is forever.

Five years from now, an SJW who wants new shoes may buy from Nike . . . or from some other brand that makes items of comparable quality.

But five years from now, @mirkwood will still remember that Nike gives money to a guy who gives money to cop killers.

I haven't forgotten.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nike-pulls-betsy-ross-flag-sneaker-after-colin-kaepernick-says-it-was-offensive-2019-07-01?mod=mw_share_twitter

24 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Yeah I noticed the recent nonsense from Nike. I suppose it was only a matter of time before some idiot claimed one of the first US flags was racist, but it still made me do a spit take at the computer this morning. I shouldn't be surprised by this kind of nonsense anymore, but sometimes it still gets to me.

Guest MormonGator

Nike is playing the left like a fiddle, and they are so wrapped up in a company being "woke" that they can't see it. Nike planned all this, it's clearly a marketing campaign ( oddly appealing to people who hate capitalism) to buy their products. 

And what blows my mind is that the SJWS are too dense to see it. Let's be honest. If Reebok had an ad with Tim Tebow and said "We're going to donate a tenth of our products to pro life charities" SJW's would go nuts saying "Reebok is pandering to those stupid conservatives and they don't see it! Ha ha ha ha ha. What? Nike? No man, Nike is just hip and cool." 

On 9/6/2018 at 11:34 AM, NeuroTypical said:

I don't have any Nike stuff to destroy or chuck.  But I do have facebook buddies on the other side of this aisle, and I've been engaging with them.

Yeah, right to protest, right to be heard, right to petition govt for a redress of grievances.  Absolutely.  Meet my right to respond.  The solution to bad speech is more speech.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone left who watches the NFL?  It's absolutely showing signs of being the country's next professional wrestling - where the outcome is already known, the moves and games are thrown and played, and the goal is to reach a proper crowd fervor because that gets advertisers the biggest return on their investment.

I still watch the NFL and looking forward to the next season.

Guest MormonGator

The biggest problem the NFL has are concussions and domestic violence. They (the NFL) are too stupid to realize that they can't partner up with the SJW set, because they'll slit your throat when the opportunity comes up. SJWs will turn their gaze upon the NFL shortly-probably complaining about concussions and domestic violence. Then, the NFL will have to beg and plead for their forgiveness. Odd, because they tried to appease them during the Kapernick drama. 

It's so much fun to watch. 

Edited by MormonGator

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

The biggest problem the NFL has are concussions and domestic violence. They (the NFL) are too stupid to realize that they can't partner up with the SJW set, because they'll slit your throat when the opportunity comes up. SJWs will turn their gaze upon the NFL shortly-probably complaining about concussions and domestic violence. Then, the NFL will have to beg and plead for their forgiveness. Odd, because they tried to appease them during the Kapernick drama. 

It's so much fun to watch. 

He who gets eaten last . . .

. . . still gets eaten.

Guest Mores
18 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

So the idea is that anything created at a time when slavery was accepted is automatically offensive? I guess we have some historical landmarks to demolish.

That's what they've been doing for the past 10 years or so.  There are even minor instances as far back as I can remember in my own life.  But they were fairly isolated back then.  But the past 10 years, it has become systematic.

• 1 year later...

In related news, everybody should know a little about Andy Ngo and what he's doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Highlights:

- Born in Portland to Vietnamese parents that escaped the labor and reeducation camps in the '70's.
- Conservative journalist covering anti-fascist groups, known for playing streaming video of their activities, and posting publicly available details of the individuals in those groups (like when they get arrested, how many of them are convicted of sex crimes against minors, or what they've done that they don't get arrested for, because they live in Portland or similar areas that refuse to prosecute bad people.
- He's been punched, pepper-sprayed, and "milkshaked" by antifa.  (One side said they were just throwing milkshakes at him.  The hospital record shows he suffered a cerebral hemorrhage.)
- If you follow his twitter feed, you'll see lots of bad words and hate, because he likes to re-tweet the death threats he gets.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...