Starbucks Pumpkin Spice

prisonchaplain

Across the nation and around the world excitement builds each fall, as Starbucks announces the return of Pumpkin Spice. Of course, most order it as a latte. However, are those here who order non-coffee versions of the flavor? If so, what do you order, how does it taste, and does your enthusiasm run just as high as it does for those whom "WoW" is just an exclamation?

-- And no, Starbucks did not pay me to start this string. :reporter:

So I've burned out on pumpkin spice. I used to be interested in it but since it's shown up in so many forms lately from Cheerios to Mrs. Meyers cleaner, I'm sick of it. I only like it in one or two forms- pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and perhaps pumpkin bread or ginger snaps now and then. I've never had it in a drink and don't think I will even try it. I got some Trader Joes ice cream one time that had the flavor in it and almost gagged. Since then, it's a no for me.

I don't mind the smell in candles though.

Edited by carlimac

Oh, I used to go to this place that is now known as Jamba Juice.  They had an Egg Nog smoothie that I absolutely enjoyed.  Not the same as the pumpkin spice thing you noted, but it did deal with the Holidays.

I learned how to make it, or something similar.  You put a cup of vanilla ice cream, a cup of Egg Nog, and a cup of Ice all in the blender.  Blend it until it is at the highest setting and enjoy.

9 hours ago, carlimac said:

SI got some Trader Joes ice cream one time that had the flavor in it  , , ,

That sounds so awesome. Problem is no one else in the family would ever forgive me. They would presume I got it so I wouldn't have to share.

Come to think of it . . .