Z

mirkwood

@mirkwood, Mr. anatess2 dragged me to this over the weekend.  Don't ask me if it was great.  First thing we did was go through this maze called a Slaughter House, we went through some black rubber curtains to a very dim, foggy hallway, they puffed air onto my feet, I jumped on my husband, buried my face in his shirt and went through the maze that way.  They had to peel me off of him when we got outside.  They went through several mazes without me.  I sat down to watch some skeletons on trampolines instead.

maxresdefault-1-900x506.jpg

Edited by anatess2

10 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I jumped on my husband, buried my face in his shirt and went through the maze that way.  They had to peel me off of him when we got outside.

My girlfriend and I used to volunteer at one of those places.  I ended up marrying her.

The most fun is the pack of young teen girls.  Because if you see them coming, they're often saying things like "You go first Ashley!"   Then a minute or two later you jump out and start following Ashley around calling her by name.  None of them have the faintest clue how you know her.  It probably sticks with them for days.  Good times.

49 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

My girlfriend and I used to volunteer at one of those places.  I ended up marrying her.

The most fun is the pack of young teen girls.  Because if you see them coming, they're often saying things like "You go first Ashley!"   Then a minute or two later you jump out and start following Ashley around calling her by name.  None of them have the faintest clue how you know her.  It probably sticks with them for days.  Good times.

My husband keeps on telling me - if you act scared, they're going to target you, so just think of them as costumed kids knocking on your door for candy on halloween.  I keep on telling him, I'm scared so I'm going to act scared.  It's your job to keep them away from me!  Well, of course, my husband is one of those that think it's super fun to scare me.  I tell ya, we're so incompatible it's amazing how our marriage survives everyday.

P.S.  We had this vacay to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary.

Edited by anatess2

I worked several "spook alleys" too.  Getting someone's name was always a great scare.  My best was my zombie shuffle walk next to a boyfriend/girlfriend.  The BF managed to pass her hand off to mine and I walked hand in hand with her for a few feet before she realized who was holding her hand.  Good times.  Fast forward quite a few years and I'm telling this story one night to my wife.  Yep...she was the girl whose hand I held briefly...

13 hours ago, mirkwood said:

I worked several "spook alleys" too.  Getting someone's name was always a great scare.  My best was my zombie shuffle walk next to a boyfriend/girlfriend.  The BF managed to pass her hand off to mine and I walked hand in hand with her for a few feet before she realized who was holding her hand.  Good times.  Fast forward quite a few years and I'm telling this story one night to my wife.  Yep...she was the girl whose hand I held briefly... 

So, waaaay back in the late 90's... the very first 3D Halloween Horror Nights opened in Universal Studios and my husband just has to go, and of course, I went.  Not even 15 minutes from when we entered the main entrance in the park, a big family pushing a family member on the wheelchair secretly got one of the zombies to push the wheelchair while the guy was animatedly talking and pointing out sights.  He looked back, saw the zombie pushing his chair, and got so startled he fell off his chair!!!  The family members were laughing so hard they were rolling on the ground.  I spent the rest of the night scared of even just walking along the walkways thinking my husband will do the same thing to me.  It didn't help that there were monsters whirring leaf-blowers-disguised-as-chainsaws jumping out of every corner.