Lacking a testimony

Ever since I have heard of the LDS church I have been fascinated and I always wanting to learn more.  Im that guy that has had a few sets of missionaries at my house, always great people, always great teachers but I just cant bring myself to become a member.  It comes down to I am afraid to be wrong.  I read the Book of Mormon I pray asking for a testimony and I get nothing.  I hope someday to receive one.  I am not giving up, just hitting a wall.

6 hours ago, Spfl0721 said:

Ever since I have heard of the LDS church I have been fascinated and I always wanting to learn more.  Im that guy that has had a few sets of missionaries at my house, always great people, always great teachers but I just cant bring myself to become a member.  It comes down to I am afraid to be wrong.  I read the Book of Mormon I pray asking for a testimony and I get nothing.  I hope someday to receive one.  I am not giving up, just hitting a wall.

It seems to me like you need a do or die experience.

Tell the missionaries you are going to get baptized. Set a date and tell everyone. Do this and your answer will come. Desperation is essential for revelation

@Spfl0721

I would suggest learning the importance of baptism. Learn the importance of keeping a covenant. Pray to know The Book of Mormon is true. Become clean and worthy to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. After all of this you will know that you have done the right thing.

NOW, if after you have done all this and feel it is false (pretty sure this won't be the case) then what does it matter? If it is false your baptism was just a nice quick bath. On the flip side you gaining a testimony it is all true you can start enjoying the blessing of the restored gospel sooner than later. Also it will help you avoid missing altogether. This life is the time to prepare to meet God; repent, enter into covenants and endure to the end.

On 17.9.2018 at 16:51, Telemantros said:

Ich bin in gewisser Hinsicht in einem ähnlichen Boot; obwohl ich keine Angst habe, falsch zu liegen, nur keine positive Bestätigung.

moroni 10,4 And I would exhort you: When you receive this here, ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, whether it is true; and if you ask with a sincere heart, with real purpose, and have faith in Christ, He will manifest to you through the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true.

Just my opinion
1 talk to missionaries
2 When discussing you should have a good feeling about what the missionaries tell you.
3. Did you mean that, before the reading of the Book of Mormon, say a prayer in which you want to know the perceived truth
4. As you read, you get the answer in your mind.
if you do not have 2 it will be hard  and not successful,

That video is one of my favorites that the Church has put out there.

Maybe it can give you guys some inspiration on your search for a confirmation that what you've been taught is true.

Don't lose hope, your Heavenly Father knows your knocking at his door. Just be patient.

Edited by Chilean

My guess is that you already have one, but don't recognize it.

For some a testimony comes like an overwhelming force.  For others it is like a gentle breeze.  It feels good, but you hardly notice.  I am more of the later.  My testimony comes from experience upon experience. with the holy ghost giving me that gentle breeze making me feel like this is right.  One of the church leaders gave a talk one day about a miner looking for gold.  He wanted to find a big nugget.  But there was a guy down in the river panning for gold.  He only got flecks.   But it is those flecks that add up to be the nugget.

Ponder on the things you have learned.  Do you like them?  Do they just seem right?  This is the starting point.  I tend to think God gives you what you need, not what you want.

Now to turn that around a little...  If God gave you the nugget from the get go, you would expect everything to be nuggets and you would not look for the flecks of gold.

Be patient and may you have that gentle breeze blow over you and bring you happiness.

Not sure what you have already done so far, so forgive me if you already have.

One thing to think about is you need to ask yourself if you are willing to commit to all the commandments of God, big or small. Because I don't see why God would manifest the truth if we don't have that kind of attitude. Are you willing to give your life to know Him?(Alma 22:18)

My manifestation of the BoM actually came from reading the New Testament. John 10;21 "These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?"

They say to read the Book of Mormon like your life depends on it. For it really does!