What name would you choose?

pam

What name would you choose to replace Mormon Hub?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What name would you choose to replace Mormon Hub?

• The Spoken Ward
    • Third Hour
    • Last Ward
    • Rolling Forth
    • Ward to the Wise

• pam pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, Vort said:

Here's to fervently hoping that does not happen.

Would they really develop a whole new curriculum for RS and Priesthood, and announce release of a new curriculum for SS and Primary, and then cancel one of the two?  Or shall Sacrament Meeting just be the sacrament and off we go to classes with no talks?

I think the rumor of cutting church back to 2 hours is nothing more than some people's wishes.

2 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer

The Mormon Blogernacle Enquirer

34 minutes ago, zil said:

Would they really develop a whole new curriculum for RS and Priesthood, and announce release of a new curriculum for SS and Primary, and then cancel one of the two?  Or shall Sacrament Meeting just be the sacrament and off we go to classes with no talks?

https://www.ldschurchnews.com/members/2018-09-04/a-sneak-peek-at-the-home-centered-church-curriculum-for-2019-47893

Anticipating an announcement at General Conference

4 minutes ago, pam said:

Maybe I missed something, but that doesn't look to me like it's about doing away with any of the hours of Church.  Though I can see how if it was thoroughly adopted, they could drop SS eventually in hopes the home study would replace it - but doesn't look soon to me.

5 minutes ago, pam said:

Wow that's huge. I never even considered that they would change the block schedule. I know that's not official till we hear it from the top, but that really shakes things up.

2 minutes ago, zil said:

Maybe I missed something, but that doesn't look to me like it's about doing away with any of the hours of Church.  Though I can see how if it was thoroughly adopted, they could drop SS eventually in hopes the home study would replace it - but doesn't look soon to me.

We shall see.  :)

2 minutes ago, zil said:

That's basically what I was going to say.

26 minutes ago, zil said:

The Written Ward (after all, we're not actually speaking).

Er, make that write.

1 minute ago, zil said:

The Write Ward?

(We were using "ward", not "word".  Which makes me think we're not big enough to be a ward.  I need to start thinking of "Branch" names.)

What I was going for is that you said what I was about to say write.

The Write Branch could maybe work. For some reason the word Branch makes me think Broken, but The Broken Branch maybe doesn't give quite the impression the Powers that Be want.

My vote today would go to The Fourth Hour, but that isn't an option. IF they get rid of an hour, then Third Hour would be appropriate when that goes into effect. After that, I like The Written Ward or The Spoken Ward.

3 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

The Write Branch could maybe work. For some reason the word Branch makes me think Broken, but The Broken Branch maybe doesn't give quite the impression the Powers that Be want.

The Grafted Branch.

Nah. Way too obscure. Not really meaningful, either. Plus it encourages graft, which is a sin. "The Nepotism Branch" might be the better choice.

• pam unpinned this topic