Predictions on policy changes during conference?

mikbone

13 minutes ago, mikbone said:

become.org

mormon.org is owned by intellectual reserve.

image.thumb.png.26642aa1f5e263a1b0f3e37f72334e64.png

become.org has it's ownership hidden.

image.thumb.png.f7209ee94260038a7cab24d57574840e.png

As a result, I am unable to confirm that become.org is property of the Church.

Edited by person0

On 9/28/2018 at 1:13 PM, Pressing Forward said:

Vort,

I was under the impression Hotel California was about a state run mental hospital in Calibasis, Ca.  Will look into this......

I was under the impression that California is a state run mental hospital. although not very well run. 

2 hours ago, mikbone said:

And so it begins

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900035214/mormon-tabernacle-choir-has-a-new-name.html?user=app

2 hours ago, Fether said:

I like this!

Not as much as “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Tabernacle Choir” (or Kodge Koldtch for short), but I like it!

I was expecting them to go to just The Tabernacle Choir. I guess I was close.

5 hours ago, person0 said:

mormon.org is owned by intellectual reserve.

image.thumb.png.26642aa1f5e263a1b0f3e37f72334e64.png

become.org has it's ownership hidden.

image.thumb.png.f7209ee94260038a7cab24d57574840e.png

As a result, I am unable to confirm that become.org is property of the Church.

This site is a little concerning if not property of the Church as it is using logo and making itself look legit. Do we have anyone on here who can send this site to the Church and confirm. I wouldn't want sincere seekers to find this site and then run into wolves.

3 hours ago, Anddenex said:

This site is a little concerning if not property of the Church as it is using logo and making itself look legit. Do we have anyone on here who can send this site to the Church and confirm. I wouldn't want sincere seekers to find this site and then run into wolves. 

I just did a chat with the missionaries from become.org.  Even more interesting is that I started the chat on mormon.org then switched to become.org and  it maintained the same session and loaded the chat that I had started on mormon.org.  So it is the real thing, but that still doesn't mean the Church owns it, someone could just be forwarding it.

Screenshot_Adblock_Browser_20181005-214201.thumb.png.9615d44e67456ab3da63dd12a210fa41.png

Mormon.org is framed inside become.org.  Note the two scrollbars on the right.  Also, if on a computer, you can right click in the white space off to the side (at least in Firefox) and choose This Frame > Show Only This Frame, and it shows that the frame is mormon.org.

ETA: The same is/was true with worshipwithus.org.

Edited by zil

14 minutes ago, zil said:

Mormon.org is framed inside become.org.  Note the two scrollbars on the right.  Also, if on a computer, you can right click in the white space off to the side (at least in Firefox) and choose This Frame > Show Only This Frame, and it shows that the frame is mormon.org.

ETA: The same is/was true with worshipwithus.org.

Confirmation (If at first you don't succeed! 😁 . . . see chat box) :

image.thumb.png.7b8edd232c836eb448775a999d23d01d.png

Edited by person0

Did anyone predict a change in the priesthood session at GEneral Conference?

In case no one has mentioned it, I just learned that there will be no priesthood session this conference. It is being replaced by the Women's conference. Evidently, the Priesthood session will be held during Spring General Conference, and the Women's session will be held each Fall:

https://dailycaller.com/2017/05/22/trumps-budget-proposal-guts-farm-subsidies-republicans-not-happy/

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund

16 minutes ago, wenglund said:

In case no one has mentioned it, I just learned that there will be no priesthood session this conference. It is being replaced by the Women's conference. Evidently, the Priesthood session will be held during Spring General Conference, and the Women's session will be held each Fall:

https://dailycaller.com/2017/05/22/trumps-budget-proposal-guts-farm-subsidies-republicans-not-happy/

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

This was announced before the last General Conference, I believe. With the number of other announcements at that conference, it's no surprise many may have forgotten.

9 hours ago, wenglund said:

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

But we promise not to complain if you men watch the women's session.  You can even wear pants while doing so, if you want... :P