Predictions on policy changes during conference?

mikbone

I am really hoping for a two hour block. 

My bets:  Pres Nelson will be smiling throughout his talks. He seems to enjoy speaking. I am awfully looking forward to seeing his reassuring face. Such a kind man. He makes me feel  that we can overcome anything. 

Bro Holland will be profound. 

Who bets for pilot references from Bro Uchtdorf? 

Heartfelt childhood reminisces from Bro Soares.

Anyone want to open a book?

Edited by Sunday21

Maybe this has been mentioned already, I bailed on page 5 or something like that.

I was listening to a Mormon podcast on Spotify (I won’t say the name cause it was utter garbage).

They we’re talking about things they feared would happen and expected to occur

1) 2 hour block

2) “Canonizing” of the proclamation to the family

3) starting to a member run bible study type options for members 

4) Options for young adults to choose length of mission and if it would be proselyting or service

5) official name changes for church affiliated entities

And other rumours that were just garbage and not worth repeating in a forum of faithful members.

21 minutes ago, Fether said:

3) starting to a member run bible study type options for members 

4) Options for young adults to choose length of mission and if it would be proselyting or service

I think these might be possible. It would be nice to hear about name changes.Always tricky.

Looking forward! I miss Bro Packer! 

Donald J. Trump will be named a General Authority Seventy.  For political balance, Stormy Daniels will be named to the Relief Society General Board.

In an unrelated development, plural marriage will be reinstated.  Only, because bigamy remains illegal in the United States, we won’t call it “plural marriage”.  We’ll call it “spiritual wivery” instead.

Also, understanding that “boys will be boys” and that nobody’s really perfect, adherence to the word of wisdom and the law of chastity will no longer be required to ordinations in the Aaronic Priesthood or for limited-use temple recommends.  

You heard it here first!  

5 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Donald J. Trump will be named a General Authority Seventy.  For political balance, Stormy Daniels will be named to the Relief Society General Board.

In an unrelated development, plural marriage will be reinstated.  Only, because bigamy remains illegal in the United States, we won’t call it “plural marriage”.  We’ll call it “spiritual wivery” instead.

Also, understanding that “boys will be boys” and that nobody’s really perfect, adherence to the word of wisdom and the law of chastity will no longer be required to ordinations in the Aaronic Priesthood or for limited-use temple recommends.  

You heard it here first!  

@prisonchaplain how do I become Protestant?

or does anyone know where do I sign up for catechism?

https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/content/general-conference/2015/04/the-sabbath-is-a-delight

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1990/04/thus-shall-my-church-be-called?lang=eng

Political changes have occurred recently in many countries. Previous restrictions of personal liberties have been relieved. The shell of spiritual confinement has been shattered. Swelling shouts of freedom fill the air. Surely the hand of the Lord is apparent. He said, “I will hasten my work in its time” (D&C 88:73), and that time of hastening is now.

Also, President Nelson will issue a challenge to the saints.

Edited by mikbone

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Read Book of  Mormon?

If it is another “read the Book of Mormon in 365 days” challenge, I’m going to throw a chair through my window, buy a new chair and window, sit on that chair next to the window, and read the dang Book of Mormon in a year.

29 minutes ago, anatess2 said:
35 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Why do you hate America, ya freakin’ communist?

Communist is so 5 seconds ago.  They're the good guys now.  White supremacists... that's the thing.  :evilbanana:

The fight between republicans and democrats are over, we are now debating between being fascist (the new right) or communist (the new left).

So, if you are Russia trying to interfere with the US, one thing you do is try to reduce the government's legitimacy in the eyes of it's people.  Ya know how in the last 2-3 years, suddenly everything is skinhead this and antifa that?  White racist this and PunchNazis that?  Facist this and communist that?

The relevant response I give (and keep hearing many others give), is "no thanks - those aren't our only two choices".  

1 hour ago, Fether said:

The fight between republicans and democrats are over, we are now debating between being fascist (the new right) or communist (the new left).

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, if you are Russia trying to interfere with the US, one thing you do is try to reduce the government's legitimacy in the eyes of it's people.  Ya know how in the last 2-3 years, suddenly everything is skinhead this and antifa that?  White racist this and PunchNazis that?  Facist this and communist that?

The relevant response I give (and keep hearing many others give), is "no thanks - those aren't our only two choices".  

05BEFF7C-E9D0-4DAB-A5E9-74812FB74124.jpeg.b6c8cb76508cf1a40a0793479588c50f.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mikbone said:

I like this!

Not as much as “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Tabernacle Choir” (or Kodge Koldtch for short), but I like it!

1 hour ago, Fether said:

There is no moral equivalence between left and right--not in the U.S. Which kid will get in trouble, the one who wears a Black Lives Matter tee or the one who wears a MAGA one? The one who wears a Mexican flag or the one who wears an American one (especially on any given May 5 in California)? The one who wears I Believe Dr. Ford or the one who wears I believe Judge Kavanaugh?  Which will be lauded for expressing their 1st Amendment Free Speech rights at such a young age and which will be accused of disrupting the educational environment and of intentionally (and probably racially) offending fellow student-scholars? Then there's Canada declaring that Christian universities with moral covenants won't have their law schools accredited.

Edited by prisonchaplain