How important is what we did in high school? Kavanaugh accusation

carlimac

46 minutes ago, zil said:

Hmm.  This sounds fun.  Top ten reasons for an adult to sneak out of their own house at night:

10. The cops are at the other door.

9. Escape the children (without them following, of course).

8. Run away from home to join the circus.

7. Zombies.

6. You're cultivating the whole "hermit" image, but have to get groceries some time.

5. You don't want to get everyone else a milkshake (midnight snack) too.

4. You need to get rid of that box in the garage before one of the kids discovers where Fluffy really went.

6 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

murder people as a closet serial killer?

...I may need some help finishing this.

OK, we only need two more!

52 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

For starters, has Kavanaugh converted to being a Latter-day Saint, a Preisthood holder and can receive personal revelation from the Lord?

Harry Reid did that.  Is he one of "those types"?

My dad died a devout Catholic and I can tell you with absolute certainty he is one of "those types".

Edited by anatess2

6 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Except Kavanaugh is not evil.

I can't really speak to that. But considering the drinking alone -- all else aside...I'm simply saying that of all the choices in the nation, he would not be my first.

13 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I can't really speak to that. But considering the drinking alone -- all else aside...I'm simply saying that of all the choices in the nation, he would not be my first.

And here we go...

A guy who drank in college who has that kind of expertise and proven judgment on the constitution (there's not that many of them) and proven moral community standing (it's not immoral for Catholics to partake of alcohol) versus somebody who didn't drink - try finding a teetotaler from that short list who doesn't have some other non-illegal but non-WOW-compliant thing like - didn't engage in pre-marital sex... which choices in the nation are you talking about? 

By the way - that partying drunkard image is a smear.  You can't be top in class and an altar boy as a partying drunkard in a Catholic School.

Edited by anatess2

22 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

You skipped the other one I suggested.

Oops.  Reviewing page 16.  Please hold ..........  Found it - "cheat on the wife or some such" (I probably glossed over it because I've never considered cheating on my wife (or getting a wife, for that matter, for cheating on or any other purpose)).  Now we have 11.

I have something that has just been bothering me to no end...... and that is so many Democratic senators barking about Mrs Ford not having the FBI asking her more questions. 

Wasn't that what the hearing was for..... asking questions for Blasey- Ford to answer? 

The left side of the committee chose to use their question time to grandstand against Judge Kavanaugh, President Trump, and the Republican Party; instead of asking pertinent questions to Blasey-Ford.

So many one-sided political statements made instead of asking the questions they (the Democratic senators) are now whining about not being answered.

It actually makes me mad to even watch the news anymore... I can't email my thoughts to the offending senators because I don't live in their states....... and it just angers me that they are either that clueless, ignorant, or mean-spirited. 

Thank you for letting me rant.

Edited by Lindy
To ease confusion

11 minutes ago, Lindy said:

I have something that has just been bothering me to no end...... and that is so many senators barking about Mrs Ford not having the FBI asking her more questions. 

Wasn't that what the hearing was for..... asking questions for Blasey- Ford to answer? 

One side of the committee chose to use their question time to grandstand against Judge Kavanaugh, President Trump, and the Republican Party; instead of asking pertinent questions to Blasey-Ford.

So many one-sided political statements made instead of asking the questions they (the senators) are now whining about not being answered.

It actually makes me mad to even watch the news anymore... I can't email my thoughts to the offending senators because I don't live in their states....... and it just angers me that they are either that clueless, ignorant, or mean-spirited. 

Don't be naive. If the senators had asked Ford any real questions, they would have been crucified by the press for treating a poor victim of sexual assault so badly. Everyone knows this. That is why the senators got a FEMALE prosecutor to question her -- and even the prosecutor used kid gloves in dealing with her.

To say that the senators should have grilled Ford more closely is either to betray astounding naivete or willful blindness. The senators were hoping the FBI could have asked Ford the questions they that (the senators) wanted to ask, but dared not do so in the context of political theater.

7 minutes ago, Lindy said:

I have something that has just been bothering me to no end...... and that is so many senators barking about Mrs Ford not having the FBI asking her more questions. 

One side of the committee chose to use their question time to grandstand against Judge Kavanaugh, President Trump, and the Republican Party; instead of asking pertinent questions to Blasey-Ford.

So many one-sided political statements made instead of asking the questions they (the senators) are now whining about not being answered.

Lindy, this is a see-through tactic.  The objective is to delay delay delay... it took over a week for Ford to appear before the Judicial Committee.  The FBI putting her on the list to interview would put the time-control back on their table so they can delay some more.  Same reason for Avenatti whose client's testimony is even in much worse shape.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:59 AM, The Folk Prophet said:

Exactly.

Kavanaugh has less power than Ford?

Sixteenth-century-BC imperial master/slave dynamics are roughly analogous to twenty-first century AD republican (small “r”) rich/poor, female/male, or Democrat/Republican dynamics?

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Just_A_Guy said:

I’ll settle for “make America believe that living virtuously is worthwhile again”. ;) 

If I ever ran for office and my past came out-I can assure you that you wouldn't exactly be putting out lawn signs and bumper stickers for me. 

14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

If I ever ran for office and my past came out-I can assure you that you wouldn't exactly be putting out lawn signs and bumper stickers for me. 

And vice-versa, my friend. ;) 

But as long as you don’t lie under oath about your past, you may be pleasantly surprised. 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Just_A_Guy said:

But as long as you don’t lie under oath about your past

Uh, yeah, um about that, you may not hear from me for the next 2-3 years, depending on the judge.