coffee, and tea. SUGAR

guineaspirit

I chose to get healthy and stop consuming flour, breads, pastas and sugar (cookies, cakes, sodas, etc). I lost 35 pounds in 3 months, and I've been able to keep my weight at 120 for the past year (I'm 5.3).

I only eat sugar from its natural source, like fruits, some veggies, honey, etc.  I believe processed sugar is the worst thing people can put in their bodies, it's highly addictive, and it will make you sick, perhaps not today, not tomorrow, nor next year.

Processed sugar is a product invented by companies to make us like food so much, food that otherwise we wouldn't eat. In the 80's when they went crazy about "Fat Free", they replaced that fat with sugar, and people have become sicker and addicted to it, because sugar is as addictive as cocaine.

I think people should go back to eating fruits, veggies, grains, healthy fats, some meat, and leave aside processed food, BUT people have their agency, so they can do whatever they want.

I have a husband and kids at home, they eat 50/50. I believe my kids can see the way I eat, and I explain things to them, BUT they are free to choose if they want to eat a cookie or if they rather eat a fruit. I don't want to brainwash them, I want them to see all perspectives and choose what they want to eat. When I cook I cook healthy meals, nothing frozen or out of a can, and they love my food. I think it's about education, and then choosing what you wanna do with the information you have.

At the end, people can do whatever they want :) 

Edited by Chilean