coffee, and tea. SUGAR

guineaspirit

i do not drink coffee or tea anymore. sometimes ill have decaf green tea or decaf black tea but thats once in a couple months. i know that addiction is hard i understand that. most people here are addicted to sugar not coffee. sugar has been proven to cause adrenal fatigue as well as coffee. aspartame and sweet n low and splenda are bad as well. red meat causes heart diesase . sugar diabetes. caffeine heart attack. which brings me to the word of wisdom. god told me and you all to stay away from red meat caffeine and never said anything about sugar. so many peope die a year from sugar 750,000 people die a year from diabetes due to sugar. same with artificial sugars. but heres the cold hard truth when you have a cookie or a pepsi or a coffee you give in to the companies in the world that hurt the people . in my honest humble thoughts i think the government pays the companies to kill us off with sugar mind control. starbucks makes so much money from people its sick. we should be mad that god is allowing this. or if its satan doing it better yet it is satan doing this. this is scary stuff people. m fellow mormons these are some dark ages. in the 1800s and before not alot of people drank caffeine or sugar infact nearly anybody did it was rare. i know mormons like soda but stop giving your money over to them, because this ladies and gentlemen is the end game. god has told me that sugar and caffeine are the idols of the latter days and ends times. the government and companies are controling the american pockets via one word ADDICTION. dont like tea and tacos and soda and candy tastes good but why does it taste ever so good. because its a drug we are addicted to it. the book of mormon talks of the end times many times and i see it more and more happening before our very eyes the end of the world and universe. all because of drugs alcohol tobacco cigarettes caffeine and sugar and meats. meet one person who doesnt drink beer or drink coffee chances are you cant 

Change starts first from within.

@guineaspirit, if you're struggling with tea addiction (which is a violation of the WoW), I recommend focusing on overcoming that addiction first before criticising other people on their struggles.

29 minutes ago, guineaspirit said:

meet one person who doesnt drink beer or drink coffee chances are you cant 

I actually know many of them ;)  It's it great following God's guidance and avoiding these traps?    I totally recommend it to everyone. 

11 hours ago, guineaspirit said:

I do not drink beer or coffee.
My wife doesn't drink beer or coffee. 
I'm surrounded by people at church who don't drink beer or coffee.
There are a few folks not a member of my church here at work, who neither drink beer nor coffee.
I know more than a few recovering alcoholics who don't drink beer, maybe one or two of them also don't do coffee.  (But it's pretty rare.)

13 hours ago, guineaspirit said:

sugar 

If you don't intake sugar you will die.  So this is covered in the WOW in - D&C 89:11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

13 hours ago, guineaspirit said:

You need to get out more. 

I grew up in a non-LDS household where my father is a chemical engineer working for a beer company.  None of us in the household drink alcohol including beer even as we weren't banned from doing so.  I had my first taste of beer when I was about 6 years old or so and it tasted disgusting so I don't drink it.  We don't drink coffee either (taste bad too) except for my mom who drinks instant decaf - but had to stop drinking it because of doctor's orders.  Tons of people I know don't drink alcohol nor coffee nor tea.  I didn't know a single LDS person growing up.  When I was in competitive sports, my entire team refrained from alcohol and coffee - this is not uncommon in athletes.

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, guineaspirit said:

. meet one person who doesnt drink beer or drink coffee chances are you cant 

Putting my dietary habits aside, I know of many people who don't drink beer or coffee and not all of them are LDS. 

19 hours ago, guineaspirit said:

god has told me that sugar and caffeine are the idols of the latter days and ends times.

Well, when He confirms that to me, then I'll believe it too.

soda and candy tastes good but why does it taste ever so good. because its a drug we are addicted to it.

I thought it tasted good because when it touches our tongue some signal goes to our brain and our brain responds, "Hmm.  That's tasty!"

I thought we'd already established that (here goes trying to be obedient) members-of-the-Church-of-Jesus-Christ-of-Latter-day-Saints don't drink them.  And there are plenty of health conscious individuals who don't.  Not only that.  But I happen to know many people who drink alcohol.  But they simply don't like the taste of beer.  They never drink it.

the book of mormon talks of the end times many times and i see it more and more happening before our very eyes the end of the world and universe. all because of drugs alcohol tobacco cigarettes caffeine and sugar and meats.

uhmmm... It gets pretty hot in Guinea, doesn't it?

well i do not drink coffee or tea. sometimes ill have herbal tea or green tea. because god told me i can. sugar no way will not touch it cant touch it. i really dont want dibates. it does infact state in the word of wisdom fruits to be used so we do need sugar but real sugar not added soda. diet soda tastes good. beer is hard to break as an addiction. i do not drink beer. mostly i drink water and eat vegatables. i thank you all for your comments and your insight its wounderful to meet non drinking and non coffee drinking people i joined the church this year so i still got a while to go before i meet people dont drink.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Well, when He confirms that to me, then I'll believe it too.

I thought it tasted good because when it touches our tongue some signal goes to our brain and our brain responds, "Hmm.  That's tasty!"

I thought we'd already established that (here goes trying to be obedient) members-of-the-Church-of-Jesus-Christ-of-Latter-day-Saints don't drink them.  And there are plenty of health conscious individuals who don't.  Not only that.  But I happen to know many people who drink alcohol.  But they simply don't like the taste of beer.  They never drink it.

uhmmm... It gets pretty hot in Guinea, doesn't it?

yeah sugar has the same chemical reaction as drugs. we need sugar or whatever but from fruits not added sugar. also god has told me many times coffee is bad for me its called iniquity, breaking gods commandments. aka word of wisdom. i cant lie sometimes ill have a diet coke or green tea but thats nothing compaired to the dangers of beer or coffee or those new things energy drinks. coffee has no health benefits. 

3 minutes ago, guineaspirit said:

yeah sugar has the same chemical reaction as drugs.

To the degree that your statement is true, the same can be said of any food.  But if you're thinking that it has any psychotropic effects, I believe you'd have a tough time proving that any more than what happens with any food.

we need sugar or whatever but from fruits not added sugar.

And that makes it chemically different, does it?  You know that sugar comes from vegetables, right?

also god has told me many times coffee is bad for me its called iniquity, breaking gods commandments. aka word of wisdom. i cant lie sometimes ill have a diet coke or green tea but thats nothing compaired to the dangers of beer or coffee or those new things energy drinks. coffee has no health benefits. 

I don't argue any of that.  But when you go to the point of 

1) Including sugar in that same category, and 
2) Say that these are a greater evil (i.e. "the idols of the last days and end times") than, say, law of chastity, murder, greed, theft, etc. that are all rampant, I take exception to that.

11 minutes ago, guineaspirit said:

yeah sugar has the same chemical reaction as drugs.

Does it now?

Challenge accepted. I will consume ten pounds of sugar on day one and, assuming I'm still alive, consume ten pounds of cocaine the following day. Then on day three...

35 minutes ago, guineaspirit said:

i joined the church this year so i still got a while to go before i meet people dont drink.

If you joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then the vast majority of the members who attend Sacrament meeting with you on Sunday can reasonably be assumed not to drink alcohol.  Perhaps outside the active members you might find lots of people who consume alcohol, but not among the active members.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

To the degree that your statement is true, the same can be said of any food.  But if you're thinking that it has any psychotropic effects, I believe you'd have a tough time proving that any more than what happens with any food.

And that makes it chemically different, does it?  You know that sugar comes from vegetables, right?

I don't argue any of that.  But when you go to the point of 

1) Including sugar in that same category, and 
2) Say that these are a greater evil (i.e. "the idols of the last days and end times") than, say, law of chastity, murder, greed, theft, etc. that are all rampant, I take exception to that.

i agree. with you that murder and theft and stuff are worse then sugar and caffeine. but the sugar is so deadly. but god does say use fruits with prudance and thanksgiving so we are ment to have some sugars without it we die. theft is evil so is murder and chastity is something tons of people dont practice. helaman chapter 14 v 5 states a new stars comes about into the night sky in the latter days as of the last 1 year this year ive seen a new star glowing red in the sky its mars and i think thats what thats talking about. 

1 hour ago, zil said:

If you joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then the vast majority of the members who attend Sacrament meeting with you on Sunday can reasonably be assumed not to drink alcohol.  Perhaps outside the active members you might find lots of people who consume alcohol, but not among the active members.

i like being mormon. but my grandma is catholic and my mother a Methodist. the rest of my family is kind of theist. but i choose mormon because god himself told me its the true realigon and i believe god more then anybody i read my book of mormon everyday. im around people who do caffeine sugar and alcohol all the time. i only attend service for the mromon church via phone apps and online webanairs. i still have yet to go to a mormon church agian.

Sugar in prudence is just fine. It's only when it's consumed in excess that problems arise. There's a reason moderation in all things is a popular saying. 

Technically doesnt all of our energy come from sugar, protein, fats, complex carbs are all broken down into a sugar inside our bodies.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:32 PM, guineaspirit said:

god told me and you all to stay away from red meat

so many peope die a year from sugar 750,000 people die a year from diabetes due to sugar.

I've been a member of the church all of my life and I don't know of a teaching that says to stay away from red meat. However, the Word of Wisdom does speak to limiting meat of all kinds - the extent to which it's limited is highly debatable, but we do even have a hymn with the lyrics, "drink no liquor and they eat but a very little meat." So perhaps that's what your referring to and chose words inaccurately. 

As for sugar causing diabetes, it likely can, but it is less of a culprit than meat. fats in the bloodstream and muscle cells gum up the machinery that allows insulin to do its job. This causes insulin resistance leading to high blood sugar, not the consumption of sugar. sugar does have the capacity when over-eaten to build up fat on the body, which is also associated with insulin resistance leading to type 2 diabetes. In this way sugar is certainly indirectly implicated as a causative factor as well. When too much fat is on the body fat stores are frequently mobilized into the bloodstream causing the conditions leading to insulin resistance. Diabetes is a disease of excess food and insufficient physical activity. I don't disagree that we should be careful with sugar, but let's not fool ourselves into believing it is the primary cause of type two diabetes, even if it is indeed the most direct cause of blood sugar spikes. The difference being that in an insulin sensitive person the blood sugar will respond to the insulin dump and come back down and in the insulin-resistant-diabetic the insulin dump will not bring the sugar down the way it should.

For interest's sake you might like to review some academic literature on insulin resistance:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1394223/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4038351/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15297079

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23122836

53 minutes ago, guineaspirit said:

helaman chapter 14 v 5 states a new stars comes about into the night sky in the latter days as of the last 1 year this year ive seen a new star glowing red in the sky its mars and i think thats what thats talking about. 

That verse is talking about the star that appeared at Christ's birth, not a sign of the latter days.

Mars appears visible to a terrestrial viewer every 16 years or so.  It is not "such an one as ye never have beheld".  It has been seen MANY times.  And it looks very much like any other star.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:32 PM, guineaspirit said:

god told me and you all to stay away from red meat

No.  God said to eat meat sparingly, and said that any who forbid eating of meat are not ordained of God:

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/49.18-21?lang=eng#p17

18 And whoso forbiddeth to abstain from meats, that man should not eat the same, is not ordained of God;

19 For, behold, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which cometh of the earth, is ordained for the use of man for food and for raiment, and that he might have in abundance.

20 But it is not given that one man should possess that which is above another, wherefore the world lieth in sin.

21 And wo be unto man that sheddeth blood or that wasteth flesh and hath no need.