Repentance Before Mission Date

josephcruz

Hello. I'm leaving on a mission at the end of this month. I began my preparation and felt everything was fine. 

However a month ago, my gf and I met at her house alone. We started kissing and ended with petting. Both of us felt extremely guilty and, personally, focused on avoiding those situations and feelings once and for all. Guilt and sadness came to my heart everyday for a over a week until I had a special experience while studying the Scriptures (I never surrendered, I kept preparing for my mission). 

While reading the BOM, a strong necessity to pray came so I kneeled and did it.  I can't even describe half of what I felt. I asked for forgiveness with every fiber of my soul, and asked Him to accept my commitment to leave home and preach the Gospel wherever it was needed, under any circumstances. It was THE PRAYER. I felt His forgiveness. There is no doubt. 

I'm a week from the date and I want to talk to my bishop. I feel the Spirit telling me that everyday, but I'm afraid to lose my opportunity to serve the Lord. Even though I feel forgiven, there's a small fear that my bishop will tell me I won't be leaving. 

I'd give everything to leave on my original date. I can assure the change in my heart is real. Is there anyone here that can tell me a similar experience and what happened next?

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. 

May the Father bless you all. 

What Zil said.  No really.

Sounds like you're mostly (if not all the way) square with the Lord.  You also need to be square with His earthly representatives.  Can you imagine the next two years, walking around feeling like a liar because you didn't tell the Bishop?  You don't want that weight, friend.