Hey I'm new here, just saying hello!

Telemantros

Hiya Tele!  Welcome to the site.

We're pretty tolerant but we can be vigorous too.  The more you spend time here the more you get to know us and the vigorous discussions just becomes like 2 siblings snapping at each other.  :)

Looking forward to hearing your stories!

2 hours ago, Telemantros said:

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum, but looks like it is pretty tolerant for discussion, seeking and genuine conversation. I love those three things! Just a hello from a 30 something, mid-western, christian dad of three. See you around!

Tele

Welcome, Tele.

@Telemantros, Welcome!

Everyone (well, we'll say 99.999% of everyone) is very kind and tolerant. The forum is just the right size because you feel like you know everyone but meet new people every day. If you're looking for good, open, and honest conversation, this is the place.

Edited by Larry Cotrell

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 8:05 PM, Larry Cotrell said:

@Telemantros, Welcome!

Everyone (well, we'll say 99.999% of everyone) is very kind and tolerant. The forum is just the right size because you feel like you know everyone but meet new people every day. If you're looking for good, open, and honest conversation, this is the place.

I agree wholeheartedly with Larry Cotrell........ I am actually not yet L.D. S. .. .I am a Messianic Gentile and I find that the atmosphere here is one of the most tolerant...... .  and most well informed of all the Christians forums that I have participated on.  

Latter Day Saints seem to try to apply this basic principle to their outreach more than many other Christians do.........

Mat 5:25

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Edited by DennisTate
add a scripture....

1 hour ago, DennisTate said:

I agree wholeheartedly with Larry Cotrell........ I am actually not yet L.D. S. .. .I am a Messianic Gentile and I find that the atmosphere here is one of the most tolerant...... .  and most well informed of all the Christians forums that I have participated on.  

Latter Day Saints seem to try to apply this basic principle to their outreach more than many other Christians do.........

Mat 5:25

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

@DennisTate we actually spell it Latter-day Saint, and the correct abbreviation is LDS Church. No periods (.) used at all. Latter-day Saints try to apply the 13 Articles of Faith ~  Pay attention to 11 especially.

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith.   Found here:https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng

@Telemantros welcome to our forum, am looking forward to your posts.

Edited by Iggy

On 10/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, Iggy said:

@DennisTate we actually spell it Latter-day Saint, and the correct abbreviation is LDS Church. No periods (.) used at all. Latter-day Saints try to apply the 13 Articles of Faith ~  Pay attention to 11 especially.

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith.   Found here:https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng

@Telemantros welcome to our forum, am looking forward to your posts.

This is an extremely helpful list... .and I already quoted that link and some of the 13 clauses in a non-LDS discussion.....

I would like to think that some of the readers might just be impressed...... I quoted number 10 into a discussion about

the building of the Ezekiel Temple complex...... 

that may be reaching quite a few Jewish readers.  

"Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple may be least expensive way to stabilize climate?"

and here:

Edited by DennisTate
add link.....