Changes Are Coming! (or, Putting Up with All Those Weak, Lame-O Saints That Hold Us Back)

Vort

Yeah, I'm late to this and I haven't read all the entertaining responses and tangents.

I really don't care how long church is. I have little complaint with the current three-hour block. If powers above me switched it to two, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders and go with it. 

I think it's nice to get all the education time into the Sabbath. That said, I have heard the argument of putting more of that responsibility on the family. So, eh.

My brother works for the church. He has not heard any proper authority rumors of 2-hour blocks and his prediction for anything big is actually more service-only missions (based on what he has heard). However, someone else said they also have a family member working for the church who has apparently heard rumors of from proper authority of 2-hour blocks. So, there you go, you now have shiny official Backroads'-brother-heard-this and Backroads'-acquaintence's-relative-heard-that sources, and I guarantee that with a dollar that information is totally worth a bag of chips from the vending machine.

Edited by Backroads

21 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

An increase to a 4 or 5 hour block would be funny. Imagine how many members would complain. Some members would go off their rocker. LOL

I'd quit.  My Sundays are already seven hours at church. And i have the easy job.

Good luck keeping Primary staffed when asking the teachers for 3-4 hours!

1 hour ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Are you suggesting that some bishops randomly skip some of the temple recommend questions?

Absolutely Not!!!!

Bishops and his couselors ask the questions but often don't question the answers given. If people justify things or they are not honest with themselves some leaders do not take it any further. I was in a meeting where M Russell Ballard said this. It takes courage for a leader to even suggest a person is not worthy. Essentially you are calling them a liar and from experience it's hard to do.

I have heard leaders say if you are not honest, it is on you. This is false.  Meeting with M. Russell Ballard, he told us( maybe even chastised) we should tell the person to go home and ponder and pray for a couple of weeks. It is on the leader, even if all he has is the Spirit  and he has him feeling there's a problem.

The most often probIem I find is Temporary recommends for youth. I have seen kids go on youth temple trips who rarely even go to Sacrament with hope they will become active. The questions are always asked !!!!!!  I severed in 4 bishoprics and agree with M Russell Ballard we need to do a better job as leaders,  if we know they are not worthy regardless what they say. Everyone needs to know, if they're not worthy , if this is the truth. 

5 hours ago, carlimac said:

My sister has a temple recommend despite believing it's OK to drink green tea. She said she discussed it with both  her bishop and stake Pres.  I don't know that she drinks it frequently but I know she doesn't worry about it. 

I wonder what Elder Ballard's opinion is on that. It is not something solid but a missionary claimed half of members use tea or coffee on his mission. Evidently many members believe it is okay if it is cold. Maybe that's why so many now sell cold coffee. LOL

7 minutes ago, john4truth said:

I wonder what Elder Ballard's opinion is on that. It is not something solid but a missionary claimed half of members use tea or coffee on his mission. Evidently many members believe it is okay if it is cold. Maybe that's why so many now sell cold coffee. LOL

No one drinks hot beer. Just kidding.

• pam unfeatured this topic