Cheddar Bay Biscuits in a Box...

zil

...are not as good as Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster.  (Just mentioning for the sake of all those who don't already know this fact.)  They're good (the ones in the box), but not nearly as good as the ones in the restaurant.

NOTE: I put this in "Current Events" because I only discovered this fact 10 minutes ago after mine came out of the oven - which was an event that's pretty current...  I considered putting it elsewhere, but "Health and Exercise" were all wrong (nothing healthy about Cheddar Bay Biscuits).  And I decided no one would think that Red Lobster was its own culture, so "Taste of Cultures" wouldn't work, despite having "Taste" in it.  The Church-related columns weren't gonna work - Cheddar Bay Biscuits aren't a dessert, and it's not 7pm.  That left "Current Events" and "General Discussion", which seemed so very generic, so here we are.  Is anyone else suddenly in the mood for snow crab legs?

8 minutes ago, classylady said:

I’ve never had cheddar bay biscuits.

:eek: This means you've never been to Red Lobster (cheddar bay biscuits are always brought to the table, no matter what you order).  This is tragic and wrong, just wrong.  You need to hie to Red Lobster!

The only thing good at Red Lobster are the biscuits. The last time my husband and I went to RL, awful is not a strong enough word for our experience. His cesear salad had shavings of wax...I think they called it parmesean cheese, but I'm positive it was candle wax. My shrimp pasta (not scampi, the alfredo type) had about 1/4 cup of oil. But, their biscuits were soooo good. 

2 hours ago, zil said:

...are not as good as Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster.  (Just mentioning for the sake of all those who don't already know this fact.)  They're good (the ones in the box), but not nearly as good as the ones in the restaurant.

Completely agreed. Only one problem...now I'm hungry :(

13 hours ago, beefche said:

The only thing good at Red Lobster are the biscuits. The last time my husband and I went to RL, awful is not a strong enough word for our experience. His cesear salad had shavings of wax...I think they called it parmesean cheese, but I'm positive it was candle wax. My shrimp pasta (not scampi, the alfredo type) had about 1/4 cup of oil. But, their biscuits were soooo good. 

I didn't like my wife's "Hawaiian Haystacks".  Then I found out that it was supposed to be that way.  So, it wasn't my wife's Hawaiian Haystacks that I did not like.  I just didn't like Hawaiian Haystacks.

What you described about the cheese and the Alfredo is pretty normal.  I think you're just used to more Americanized cuisine -- which, in my opinion, ruins both those dishes you mentioned.