the word of wisdom

guineaspirit

the word of wisdom is what made me a mormon. i wanted to get away from all the alcohol and cigarettes and caffeine so i did. (sometimes i drink soda or decaf instant coffee or green tea) but i wont touch any other caffeine source. 

alcohol is banned

tobacco is banned

hot drinks banned (hot alcohol hot brewed coffee high caffeine drinks and hot black tea is what god banned) - (white tea and green tea and chocolate and instant coffee not banned)

meats to be used sparingly

fruits and grains and herbs to be used with prudence(meaning sugar and herbal tea and bread to be used one in a while)

drugs banned
hot drinks banned (hot alcohol, brewed coffee and black teas) - (green tea white tea soda and ch

following these rules i have bettered my life i eat no meats now rarely have green tea never have sugar anymore. we save ourselfs from so many illnesses following these rules 

alcohol can impair your mind making you do stupid things that you wouldn't normally do drugs haze out your brain and make you see lies and delusions. 

cigarettes cause cancer. 

following the word of wisdom is by far the best thing i ever have done to better my life,.

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's beautiful, and I mean that seriously. What do you think of the Book of Mormon? 

i love the book of Mormon. its an amazing book. Alma is my favorite chapter. also Moroni is a good chapter too. or the chapter Mormon. i always read my book of mormon everyday it helps me better my life i pray to God and Jesus Christ open the book and boom he answers me with words straight from the book of mormon. how often do you read the book of mormon. God told me iniquity is why people drink beer smoke cigarettes do drugs dont practice chastity swear join gangs drink coffee etc. 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, guineaspirit said:

. how often do you read the book of mormon. 

I read passages from it weekly, but I don't have a set time I read it. I've read it through several times. 

Glad you are finding happiness and peace in the church! 

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 10:09 AM, guineaspirit said:

the word of wisdom is what made me a mormon. i wanted to get away from all the alcohol and cigarettes and caffeine so i did. (sometimes i drink soda or decaf instant coffee or green tea) but i wont touch any other caffeine source. 

alcohol is banned

tobacco is banned

hot drinks banned (hot alcohol hot brewed coffee high caffeine drinks and hot black tea is what god banned) - (white tea and green tea and chocolate and instant coffee not banned)

meats to be used sparingly

fruits and grains and herbs to be used with prudence(meaning sugar and herbal tea and bread to be used one in a while)

drugs banned
hot drinks banned (hot alcohol, brewed coffee and black teas) - (green tea white tea soda and ch

I wasn't aware that LDS members could drink instant coffee and green and white tea or decaf coffee, I thought these things were against the word of wisdom?  

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding the LDS beliefs correctly.

6 hours ago, marge said:

I wasn't aware that LDS members could drink instant coffee and green and white tea or decaf coffee, I thought these things were against the word of wisdom?  

I've always been told that decaf is no different from regular coffee, in terms of the WoW.

The reason, I believe, is because the WoW bans on coffee and tea have no thing to do with caffeine.  If it were about caffeine, we'd also be barred from consuming energy drinks, chocolate and most sodas.  That isn't the case.

7 hours ago, marge said:

The original post here is not completely correct.  The Word of Wisdom forbids:

Drinking Coffee- that's all coffee

Drinking alcohol - pretty straight forward.  Alcohol for cooking is left to the individual's choice.

Drinking tea -- that's all products from the tea plant.  Black, green, and white teas all come from the same plant, it's just different preparation of the leaves after they are picked.  Herbal teas (which are teas that come from other plants) are left to the individual's choice.  

All tobacco use in humans. 

Recreational drugs.

What's not forbidden: caffeine or soda.  And many other things which aren't good for your health.  Just because it's not included in the Word of Wisdom doesn't mean you should consume it.   As a personal example: I don't need a world-wide revolution from God to tell me I shouldn't drink Red Bull- the ingredient list alone is enough to tell me that.