New Temple Predictions

SilentOne

• 5 months later...

North American States/Provinces/Territories

New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon

Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Northern Mariana Islands, Rhode Island, South Dakota, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Mexico, Michoacan, Morelos, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosi, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Africa

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Asia/Middle East

Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Georgia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

Europe

Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Vatican City

Also Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland

Central America/Caribbean

Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

Oceania

Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu

South America

Guyana, Suriname

Also French Guiana and the Falklands

Utah Counties

Beaver, Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Juab, Kane, Millard, Morgan, Piute, Rich, Sevier, Summit, Wasatch, Wayne

Temple Map

Meetinghouse Map

Edited by SilentOne

Wellington, New Zealand

Brazzaville, Republic of Congo

Barcelona, Spain

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Cusco, Peru

Maceió, Brazil

Santos, Brazil

San Luis Potosí, Mexico

Mexico City Benemérito, Mexico

Tampa, Florida

Knoxville, Tennessee

Cleveland, Ohio

Wichita, Kansas

Austin, Texas

Missoula, Montana

Montpelier, Idaho

Modesto, California

On 9/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, raven2 said:

US - Knoxville and Pittsburgh 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:12 PM, SilentOne said:

I am now going to compete against myself and say Mazatlán, Mexico; Wellington, New Zealand; Oslo, Norway; Cincinnati, Ohio; Edinburgh, Scotland; Cape Town, South Africa; Seville, Spain; Kampala, Uganda; and Richfield, Utah

On 9/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, clwnuke said:

And another CA temple:

4. The San Jose Temple

Looks like that's not too far from Modesto

I live three hours north of San Antonio, Texas. 

Due to the various spinal injuries (et al) I'm dealing with, just getting to the temple is literally painful as it requires sitting for that long at a time. 

My endowment session was a nightmare, as I had to do even *more* sitting, followed by my family making a spectacle of the event and having to eat out at a nearby restaurant and then the three hour trip back. 

The pain was so bad I was freaking out by the time the endowment ceremony was over, and I was pretty much in a haze by the time I made it home. 

The whole thing was so bad that I haven't been back to the temple since. 

Austin is closer, and so hopefully attempting to visit won't be as much of a disaster. 

While I was running deliveries last night I realized that I could maybe print out the official press releases and bring them into my editors since we'll have a temple in Austin. 

Can't guarantee anything, but I can still try. 

• 5 months later...

New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon

Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Northern Mariana Islands, Rhode Island, South Dakota, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Mexico, Michoacan, Morelos, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Africa

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Asia/Middle East

Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Georgia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

Europe

Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Vatican City

Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

Oceania

South America

Guyana, Suriname

Utah Counties

Beaver, Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Juab, Kane, Millard, Morgan, Piute, Rich, Sevier, Summit, Wasatch, Wayne

On 9/26/2022 at 1:54 AM, SilentOne said:

Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Northern Mariana Islands, Rhode Island, South Dakota, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Mexico, Michoacan, Morelos, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Africa

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Asia/Middle East

Europe

Oceania

South America

Guyana, Suriname

Utah Counties

Well, covering all the bases on this one? lol

1 hour ago, Vort said:

IMO, the Rome temple was a miracle of sorts. I don't think Italy has enough Saints to justify another temple.

Maybe not, but there are a couple stakes right up around Milan and a few more in Northern Italy, so it seems possible.

Pusan, Korea.

They also announced one in the north end of Texas.  It is about half-way between Dallas and Oklahoma City.  There really isn't much population in that area.  But it helps those who are in the no-man's land in between.

I wondered if they would do something similar between Houston and Dallas.  The problem is that the temple attendance in Houston is so abysmal, that they have no motivation to build another one that may help the north end of the Houston district.

Edited by Carborendum

The list: Busan, Korea; Naga, Philippines; Santiago, Philippines; Eket, Nigeria; Chiclayo, Peru; Buenos Aires City Center, Argentina; Londrina, Brazil; Riberão Prêto, Brazil; Huehuetenango, Guatemala; Jacksonville, Florida; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Prosper, Texas; Lone Mountain, Nevada; Tacoma, Washington; Cuernavaca, Mexico; Pachuca, Mexico; Toluca, Mexico; Tula, Mexico

On 9/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Here are my guesses for the next few years:

...Busan, South Korea...

On 9/26/2018 at 6:42 AM, Tyme said:

I hope we get one in West Michigan. It's just that Michiganders are a stiff necked people. There isn't a very high LDS population here. 

It sounds like most of the midwest hasn't really taken to the church. I'm not sure why that is.

He's no longer posting here, but I think Grand Rapids will grant that wish.

And speaking of people who no longer post here, it would be interesting to hear Anatess's reaction to Jacksonville and two new ones in the Philippines.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

They also announced one in the north end of Texas.  It is about half-way between Dallas and Oklahoma City.  There really isn't much population in that area.  But it helps those who are in the no-man's land in between.

Nah, Prosper is just North of Dallas.  It is confluent with the metroplex.

Prosper to Dallas - 34 miles

Prosper to OKC  - 186 miles

23 hours ago, mikbone said:

Nah, Prosper is just North of Dallas.  It is confluent with the metroplex.

Prosper to Dallas - 34 miles

Prosper to OKC  - 186 miles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Falls,_Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawton,_Oklahoma

They'll probably be shifted to Prosper if there isn't a dedicated temple serving Fort Worth. 

• 5 months later...

I completely forgot about this until late last night or early this morning, so I'm hoping the announcements aren't until tomorrow (as has been the pattern lately) to give a little time to consider guesses. Here's the updated list of places still without temples announced:

Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Michoacan, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Africa

Asia/Middle East

Europe

Oceania

South America

Guyana, Suriname

Utah Counties

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/maps/units/

Edited by SilentOne

My first list is pulled from previous guesses on this thread.

Santa Ana, El Salvador; Jakarta, Indonesia; Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast; Bangor, Maine; Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia; Edinburgh, Scotland; Seville, Spain; Kampala, Uganda; Richfield, Utah

And I think these are new from me:

Tirana, Albania; Uruguaiana, Brazil; Limerick, Ireland; Kingston, Jamaica; Kwajalein, Marshall Islands; Monaco; Abuja, Nigeria; Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Maracaibo, Venezuela