New Temple Predictions

SilentOne

I made some lists as guessing aids.

US states without temples: Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Canadian provinces & territories without temples: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon

Mexican states without temples: Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Coahuila, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, México, Michoacán, Morelos, Nayarit,  Puebla, Querétaro, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

And now I've used up my temple-guess-analysis energy and will not make my guesses just yet.

Edited by SilentOne

11 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

And now I've used up my temple-guess-analysis energy and will not make my guesses just yet.

What, you didn't want to list all the countries in Africa, the Near East, and Asia that don't have temples?  How about, I dunno, all of Russia east of the Urals?

27 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

...Canadian provinces & territories without temples: Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon...

The Winnipeg Manitoba Temple is under construction. It was announced in April 2011 and groundbreaking took place December 2016.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Manitoba_Temple

M.

Edited by Maureen

2 hours ago, zil said:

What, you didn't want to list all the countries in Africa, the Near East, and Asia that don't have temples?  How about, I dunno, all of Russia east of the Urals?

Didn't you volunteer for those jobs?

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

The Winnipeg Manitoba Temple is under construction. It was announced in April 2011 and groundbreaking took place December 2016.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Manitoba_Temple

M.

Thanks for catching that for me.

I got my nap in and here is a list of South American countries without temples: Suriname, Guyana. French Guiana and the Falklands also seem to be without temples.

Now throwing out a few guesses: Bangor, Maine; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Budapest, Hungary; Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

20 hours ago, SilentOne said:

Delaware

There is a  problem with a deadlock for temple-building in Delaware. All the Latter-day Saints in Delaware were asked if they wanted a temple in their home state. The results were 100% in the affirmative, but one wanted it in Dover while the other preferred a site outside New Castle.

20 hours ago, SilentOne said:

I made some lists as guessing aids.

US states without temples: Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Canadian provinces & territories without temples: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon

Mexican states without temples: Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Coahuila, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, México, Michoacán, Morelos, Nayarit,  Puebla, Querétaro, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Let's cross some off the list to narrow it down:

Arkansas: Eastern Arkansas has the Memphis temple right on the border.  Western Arkansas... frankly lacks people.

Delaware: only has 1 stake.  And for most of the stake it's a <60 minute drive to Philadelphia or DC. 

Iowa: has two temples right on the borders.  The NE corner is a drive to Chicago or Minneapolis.

Wisconsin: has one of the lowest densities of LDS populations of any US state.  Still it is a drive to  Chicago or Minneapolis.  

Kansas: Eastern Kansas has the Kansas City temple right on the border.  Western Kansas... frankly lacks people.

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont: are all really small states with low populations.  I once got lost and crossed the borders between all 3 about 5 times in an hour.  Still, I don't know how inconvenient the Boston temple is.  Prehaps @Grunt could comment more.

New Jersey, Rhode Island: tiny states and easily accessible temples in other states.

South Dakota and West Virginia: if you in these states it's a long drive to ANY where.

Mississippi: ok that drive is inconvenient. 

I'm hoping for a new temple in GA!! As going to the Atlanta, GA Temple is a real struggle with the horrible traffic. 

The next temple south of the Atlanta GA temple is the one in Jacksonville, FL.  So.... there are many members of the church between Atlanta and Jacksonville, and just having a temple somewhere in between would be wonderful!

But anywhere in the world is always wonderful news!

More lists.

European countries without temples: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Vatican City 

Central American/Caribbean countries without temples: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

Edited by SilentOne
spelling

17 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Arkansas: Eastern Arkansas has the Memphis temple right on the border.  Western Arkansas... frankly lacks people.

Delaware: only has 1 stake.  And for most of the stake it's a <60 minute drive to Philadelphia or DC. 

Iowa: has two temples right on the borders.  The NE corner is a drive to Chicago or Minneapolis.

Wisconsin: has one of the lowest densities of LDS populations of any US state.  Still it is a drive to  Chicago or Minneapolis.  

Kansas: Eastern Kansas has the Kansas City temple right on the border.  Western Kansas... frankly lacks people.

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont: are all really small states with low populations.  I once got lost and crossed the borders between all 3 about 5 times in an hour.  Still, I don't know how inconvenient the Boston temple is.  Prehaps @Grunt could comment more.

New Jersey, Rhode Island: tiny states and easily accessible temples in other states.

South Dakota and West Virginia: if you in these states it's a long drive to ANY where.

The problem is population centers and state size.  I'm sure the same problems exist out west.  I'm sitting in Kansas this week and the nearest temple is 2 hours away.  Boston is a few hours from most of the major population centers in New England.  The nether regions are being served, but there aren't many people up there to serve.

59 minutes ago, Grunt said:
18 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

The problem is population centers and state size.  I'm sure the same problems exist out west.  I'm sitting in Kansas this week and the nearest temple is 2 hours away.  Boston is a few hours from most of the major population centers in New England.  The nether regions are being served, but there aren't many people up there to serve.

I'm not sure if population, or LDS population is an issue anymore as I think of countries like India and Thailand. India has 13,570 members of the church (population: 1,324 Billions), and Thailand has 22,100 members (population of over 69 millions).  Maybe... maybe in the US they take those fact above into consideration as members here in the US might have the resources to drive a few hours to a temple, and members in India or Thailand, and other countries in Asia, for example, have to make BIG sacrifices to go to a temple once in their lives.

My personal feelings are that every time a temple is announced I just get very very happy for the members on those far away lands, and it's a testimony to me that the Work is progressing. I'm aware that the temple in India and Russia, for ex. are going to take years to build (The temple in Concepcion Chile was announced like 10 years ago, and just now next month is going to be dedicated) We know that to have temples there has to be people with temple recommend... meaning... priesthood holders, people keeping the commandments, and tithe payers, thinking of all those people that will get introduced to the Gospel, and will accept it even before those temples are finished (even when the number on those countries are so low) by the time those temples are dedicated there will be members ready to use them! It just brings so much happiness to me! It's just wonderful!

Edited by Chilean