How to Not Write a Boring Letter to Your LDS Missionary

Third Hour

I can see it now. It is that special day of the week, and you have been sitting around twiddling your thumbs for the past hour. Then the time finally arrives. You run to your computer and excitedly refresh your inbox. Boom. An email from your missionary! You scream with excitement and do a happy dance around the room. Okay, okay. Maybe your reaction isn't as extreme as this (although I am about 92.99999% sure that this is what my mom did when she received my first email home). You shouldn't be ashamed of the fact that you love to hear from your missionary. But what we sometimes forget is that our missionaries love to hear from us too. Sure, we write. But to be honest, I have received some emails from home that looked more like college essays than actual emails! So what do your missionaries really want to receive in their emails from you? Pictures Getting a picture of your missionary is the best gift in the world. You carefully scrutinize every...

View the full article