SJWism is destroying Disney!

The Folk Prophet

2 minutes ago, Godless said:

Amazing, if true. 

I don't know.  I haven't seen him in a role where he wasn't moody.  And I'm really hatin' on the moody/emo Superman.  Cavill is one of my favorites (Count of Monte Cristo, Tristan and Isolde) and he could have been a great light-hearted Superman in the style of Superman, The Movie... but no... DC has to try its super best not to be painted as Marvel wanna-be's... It works for Batman because, well, he's BATman.  But it utterly fails in Superman.

1 hour ago, pam said:

To be honest, I would never really have noticed anything in Beauty and the Beast had not so many Mormons made such a big deal about it before it came out.  Even after seeing it I still really didn't see much of anything to call it a gay scene.  More like a bromance to me.  Not going to say that it was maybe a little bit more than that but I don't think it was anywhere as bad as people were making it out to be.

That was the tactic. A nothing announced as a something, then when nothing doesn't hurt sales they determine it is evidence that something is acceptable. 

57 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You probably didn't pay attention. 

Why do you always treat me like I'm stupid or I only get 1/2 of the facts?  It gets very old.  Every time I post something that doesn't quite agree with your point of view..you do this.

32 minutes ago, pam said:

Why do you always treat me like I'm stupid or I only get 1/2 of the facts?  It gets very old.

Whoa Nelly... that is FAAAAAAAARRRR from my intention.  I apologize but I don't know how to fix it. 

Pays attention = like Ironhold who goes to movies for a living, or me who has movie passes to 3 movies a week and reads news as a hobby, or YouTube content creators who publish videos of the latest SJW happenings, etc. etc...  Didn't pay attention = my husband - knows everything about football and nothing about movie promotions because he doesn't care about it, doesn't even read socio-political news at all.  So, me saying "You probably didn't pay attention" means you're probably not one of those people in the first group.  The Mormons who boycotted are probably in that first group.

"Always" "It gets very old" - indicates this is a common, if not ALWAYS, occurrence.  I don't know how to change my sentences to convey what's in my head better.  @estradling75 was my "translator" last week.

Edited by anatess2

46 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Midichlorian is the male-line version of mitochondria.

Those tiny little spermies don't have room for mitochondria or knock-offs thereof. They're more of a supervirus, a package designed to inject its contents into another cell. And the ovum is the cell hoping, in this case, to attract the right sperm-virus.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Those tiny little spermies don't have room for mitochondria or knock-offs thereof. They're more of a supervirus, a package designed to inject its contents into another cell. And the ovum is the cell hoping, in this case, to attract the right sperm-virus.

midichlorians are the supervirus of the patriarchy, doncha know?  :jedi:

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

@Vort, before you grab your cane and talk about how bad things are, you are aware that every single generation from the dawn of time thought that culture was going downhill and that times were so much better in the past, right? 

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

@Vort-this one is for you. And it written in 1950's. Before the culture started to decline, in your words. 

The writers of Bye Bye Birde had the sense of humor to understand how silly it all was. 

john_travolta_grease.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Equivalency.

3 hours ago, pam said:

To be honest, I would never really have noticed anything in Beauty and the Beast had not so many Mormons made such a big deal about it before it came out.  Even after seeing it I still really didn't see much of anything to call it a gay scene.  More like a bromance to me.  Not going to say that it was maybe a little bit more than that but I don't think it was anywhere as bad as people were making it out to be.

This was literally how I reacted to Star Wars and Black Panther 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, The Folk Prophet said:

I have been a big Disney fan. It seems like that must change. It's very disheartening...but I have to keep an eternal perspective. Disney is not important! But it sure feels important. Either way it's sad.

Why do I feel like my Disney fandom must change? Because social-justice-warrior-ism is corrupting every aspect of it bit by bit.

First we have Beauty and the Beast and that innocuous gay moment that secretly wasn't innocuous at all. Then the destruction of Star Wars. Then Black Panther. Then the new Jungle Cruise movie. And, finally, we land on Captain Marvel.

So the director of Beauty and the Beast announces a special "gay moment" in his movie. The gay moment, I'm told, was "innocuous" -- easy to miss -- not that big of a deal -- kids wouldn't notice -- etc. I can only speak to what I've been told because I haven't seen it, and I won't. Why won't I? Because all of that is wrong. It's not easy to miss (particularly when announce by the director), it is a big deal, kids do notice (my sister's daughter's first question after they saw it: Why were those two guys dancing together like they were married), etc. So not so innocuous after all. And, of course, the most harmful part, it was a toe-dip, testing the waters -- which, of course, is also wrong. They weren't testing the waters. They were creating "evidence" that gay can work so they can push the agenda further. And oh boy...will they.

Star Wars, of course, hasn't introduced gay characters.....yet.... but the franchise still stands as a shining example of Disney's SJWism taking the lead. Everything about the new Star Wars doesn't stink, of course. There are aspects that are great. But it's nothing to what it could be. Why is it nothing to what it could be? Because the top priority seems to be diversity and women's power instead of staying true to the property and telling great stories that people actually relate to and care about. Even the pretty-good of the new inject this nonsense. I'll grant, they could still stay true to the property AND tell great stories AND inject some level of SJWism...and that would, actually, be much more clever of them. Thank goodness they aren't that clever...yet. I have no doubt they'll get there. They have a pretty smart fella leading them. And I'm not talking about Bob Iger.

Then some more "toe-dipping" that wasn't actually toe-dipping. Black Panther! The "black" movie. Instead of standing on its own merits, in which case it rests firmly somewhere in the bottom end in the rankings, it's consistently rated as "the" best Marvel movie. Unlike Star Wars, they won the battle on that one, pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. "What a great movie." "So meaningful and powerful." Except...it wasn't. It was shallow and silly and didn't make much sense. And it had crappy CGI rhinos in it and supposedly extra-civilized people who expanded their lips out to over a foot in diameter with discs. Believable. Is the success of Black Panther a problem in and of itself, despite the fact it doesn't really deserve that success? Not really? But in the SJW's mind, who will be making future Marvel/Disney movies does it matter? Oh yeah. They'll take the success to mean everything it doesn't along with what it kind of does, and twist it all up to further their agendas. If only those agendas were really about equality and fairness. They are not. They're about division, power, immorality, control and oppression.

So now, surprise, surprise, we get Disney's Jungle Cruise with their first openly gay character! Yay. Didn't see that coming, now, did we? Will Jungle Cruise be hurt by this financially? Will it succeed or fail? Will they get the formula right for an actually great movie that has SJWism in it too and knock it out of the box-office park? Here's the thing. It doesn't matter. They continue down this path either way. If Jungle Cruise flops because everyone boycotted it due to the SJWism they wouldn't get the message. They don't with anything else. Take Solo. The fans were explicit. Take the SJW stuff out of Star Wars. We aren't interested in that and we aren't going to see your movies any more. They didn't just speak with their wallets, making Solo an actual honest-to-goodness flop, they explicitly said what they thought. How did Lucasfilm/Disney respond? They blamed the fans for being bigots and opined that shows with white male leads may not be able to succeed any longer.

Are you kidding me?

But fans are fickle. It wouldn't surprise me if Episode IX does quite well even leaving the SJW stuff in (it would be hard to take out at this point). But, once again, it doesn't matter. Even if E9 flops Disney won't stop. They won't get the message. They'll keep poking away at it until they've numbed everyone enough, or convinced them, or hidden it well enough, or what-have-you, and they'll keep shoving their agenda down our throats, and we'll keep buying it, and keep believing them more and more...because...you know.....movies...and emotion...and love...and crying...and swelling music...and....

So now comes Captain Marvel. The character was made female in the 70's feminist movement. So...kind already has that SJWism built into it. Will it be a hit? Probably. Why? It's a Marvel Movie. Will Disney assume that means the world's ready for more SJWism? Of course.

How long should we keep giving our money to these people who are actively trying to destroy us and our children? I don't know. They're pretty good at the subtlety. And even I...yep, ultra-conservative little-ol' me...have bought into an awful lot of it. Have since I was a kid and wrote off some sex scene or bad language in my favorite TV show as "not that big of a deal".

And I'm addicted to entertainment. That's sort of our world, right? Aren't most of us?

Satan's got us right where he wants us. He's ready to drive the sword of SJWism home -- and we're not even fighting back. We just keep paying into the devil's kingdom. Here's your taxes sir. Now please corrupt my soul further. Thank you sir. May I have another?

Well, I'm looking forward to the animatronic gay pirates kissing each other at Disneyland someday. Aren't you?

to the title. that ship sailed a looonng time ago.