"And in other news..."

carlimac

Guest MormonGator
On 10/30/2018 at 10:26 AM, NeuroTypical said:

I have a Vietnam vet buddy who experienced this as well.  He's out in his large back yard, he had just walked down the hill and was crossing the little stream, and he heard a helicopter.  The noise of the helicopter and stream, the smells of the water and grass, and he just curled up into a ball and fell apart, unable to move for several hours.  He's one of the tougher guys I know.

PTSD stinks, and yes, the more people who understand it and are able to offer sympathy and comfort is a good thing.   This is a good news story. 

That's heartbreaking. 

We (generic) complain about so much these days, but I'm glad we live in a time where things like PTSD are more understood and they aren't just treated with alcohol. My grandfather fought in WWII and while he never suffered from it (that I know of) he knew of people who came back from the war and were just broken. Totally understandable, and totally devastating. 

This is a few months old now but I just found out that the TNT Boys won the Grand Prize for Your Face Sounds Familiar 2018 contest!  They get 1M pesos (about $50T) and a house and lot!  Very cool for these boys with humble beginnings.

So, the contest is about impersonating popular artists, not only in how they look but also how they sound.  Here's one of their performances when the TNT Boys (ages 11-12) impersonated the Bee Gees.  The 2nd video is a flashback of their lives and how they got to the point of winning the contest (which is super cool).