the word of wisdom

i think mormons and non mormons should do everything in there power to try and keep the word of wisom. i do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes and im happy i feel the holy spirit better. caffeine is not banned coffee is so i stay way from coffee and tea. sometimes i will buy an iced green tea but thats like once a 6 months and i find nothing wrong with that. i only have soda ginger ale here and there. but the hard one beer i quit 6 years ago and i am going strong if your struggling with quiting play video games and chew mints it really helps. thats how i quit it.

Welcome, @buffalospirit1990!

48 minutes ago, buffalospirit1990 said:

tea. sometimes i will buy an iced green tea but thats like once a 6 months and i find nothing wrong with that

Just curious, would you find something wrong with it if you knew that tea and green tea are both made from the leaves of the same plant?

Also curious, are you a Latter-day Saint, or not of our faith, but appreciate the Word of Wisdom (which is kinda cool)?

(Any chance you're the same person as @guineaspirit (maybe forgot your login info)?  If not, you might want to connect - seems the two of you have a lot in common. :) )

i

1 hour ago, zil said:

Welcome, @buffalospirit1990!

Just curious, would you find something wrong with it if you knew that tea and green tea are both made from the leaves of the same plant?

Also curious, are you a Latter-day Saint, or not of our faith, but appreciate the Word of Wisdom (which is kinda cool)?

(Any chance you're the same person as @guineaspirit (maybe forgot your login info)?  If not, you might want to connect - seems the two of you have a lot in common. :) )

i used to be guineaspirit, i like this account the best i need it. anyway green tea is fine ive meet so many mormons who drink it mormons online not in real life. anyway my mother is about to take me to mormon churchs soon in my city. i am a mormon old fashion mormon type who doesnt believe in being bapizted to be in the church im taking like 1965 type and before. i drink hot cocoa and soda alot but nebver coffee i hate coffee i quit that months ago. i do like green tea and god told me its okay to drink it he said it doesnt break the word of wisdom only caffeine does. if its in large amounts and all the caffeine sources are over 100mg +. green tea chocolate and soda are 12mg 41mg and 15mg.

23 minutes ago, buffalospirit1990 said:

i am a mormon old fashion mormon type who doesnt believe in being bapizted to be in the church im taking like 1965 type and before. 

Well, happy to know you and everything, but you're not describing an old fashion Mormon, you're just describing a plain old apostate belief.  Has nothing to do with the year.

2 Nephi 31:13-14
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel.

You're not a member of this church if you haven't been baptized into it.  Now, if you were baptized, just don't believe you had to be, we'll still claim you. :)  And either way, you sound like an interesting person, and I'd be happy to sit next to you in church.

Edited by NeuroTypical

3 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Well, happy to know you and everything, but you're not describing an old fashion Mormon, you're just describing a plain old apostate belief.  Has nothing to do with the year.

You're not a member of this church if you haven't been baptized into it.  Now, if you were baptized, just don't believe you had to be, we'll still claim you. :)  And either way, you sound like an interesting person, and I'd be happy to sit next to you in church.

thank you. god himself through the bible and book of mormon told me i was a mormon. he said theres no other real church only mormon. so i believe him.

• pam locked this topic