Who is the best cook in your home? What is your best dish?

Lost Boy

In my home my wife is a great cook.  I enjoy most things she makes. but...  she mostly cooks out of duty.  

I on the other hand love to eat delicious meals.  I love creating delicious meals.  I have spent quite a bit of time learning how to cook and how to cook well.

So between the two of us, it would be me.  And my wife would be all the happier if I cooked all the meals.  Unfortunately I don't have the time.  So I cook usually 4-5 days a week and she does the others.

As for my best dish that I make....  That is a tough one.  Everyone loves my steak, chili, bbq, pasta.  But the one I like the best is my sukiyaki.  Half of my family won't eat it though.  Not because it is bad.  They just don't like sukiyaki.

Guest Godless

Me, though my wife's a very good cook. One of my favorite things to make (and eat) is stir fry with an Asian-style barbecue sauce mix. I also make a really good beer-infused alfredo.

Nobody likes to cook in my house.  If my husband is left to do the cooking we'd have camp food (grilled).  He can make super yummy wings on the bar-b.  I use spice packets when I cook - just follow instructions on the packet.  My kids like my pot roast - it's just roast pork or beef put in the crockpot with celery, carrots, onions, and potatoes, and a McCormick pot roast spice packet contents dissolved in a cup of water.

Heck, I'm Latina, and I love to cook, I wish I had more time every day to cook more stuff. I love cooking from scratch!

My husband cooks as well... but I think he does it cause he has to (When I'm late after work).

Hmm... the best/favorite dish... I don't know, A few months ago I tried a new recipe that was pretty "delicious to the taste",  it had quinoa, green, red and yellow peppers, black beans and cilantro. Oh My sooo yummy!!

Uhhh, I have another dish that has quinoa, shrimps, cilantro, avocado and lime, Soooo good!

I’m the better baker. I love to bake cookies, cakes, breads, etc. My grandfather owned a bakery in Elk Grove, CA and I must have inherited his love for baking. As a child I loved the smells when visiting the bakery and loved watching him and other family members make cakes and decorating them for birthdays and weddings. 

I make a great pot roast with potatoes and carrots. I also make yummy lasagna and enchiladas. My husband doesn’t care for casseroles so I don’t make many of those, but I love them.

Our family favorite that all the kids love is our beef roast or turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. When it comes to mashed potatoes and gravy my husband and I are a team. I wash and peel the potatoes. Husband cuts them up and mashes them when done. He makes the gravy. I assist with the stirring. We always make the potatoes and gravy for our family get togethers. My oldest daughter’s in-laws from Korea are coming over to the States later this month. She asked us to cook a roast and make our mashed potatoes and gravy for them. We are happy to oblige.