Important Words To Help Us Prepare

Lindy

Several Sundays ago, we were asked to review the Conference talks from last April to help us prepare for the upcoming Conference. I was in the middle of reading a talk from President Nelson when this jumped out and bit me...... President Nelson said  "We live in a world that is complex and increasingly contentious. The constant availability of social media and a 24-hour news cycle bombard us with relentless messages. If we are to have any hope of sifting through the myriad of voices and the philosophies of men that attack truth, we must learn to receive revelation."

I know I have heard these things over and over before, but these words just seemed to jump off the page......"increasingly contentious", "bombard us with relentless messages",  "philosophies of men that attack truth,"  it just hits home a big more this time.

And to jump into another paragraph...... "But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."

We have been told for years that things are going to become worse and worse before the Second Coming, and we need to build and sustain our faith.... and here is our prophet giving us a dire warning that it will not be possible to survive spiritually unless we are really tight with the Holy Ghost and learn to listen and obey.

With all the lies, contention, discontent, and venomous hatred we are subject to in our nation alone......  those words from our Prophet Nelson" we must learn to receive revelation." 

Are there more important words to prepare us?

Edited by Lindy
Needed to add something