False rape claims

NeuroTypical

We've heard they exist.  It makes sense at least a portion of rape claims are false.  But we've never seen one.

Well, let's see at least one, just so we can all say we've encountered one.  This is from a podcast/show between a professional church critic Shawn McCraney and McKenna Denson.  Ms. Denson is the lady making the news claiming to have been raped by Joseph Bishop at the MTC.  This transcript is her admitting making a false rape claim and explains why.  These events are separate from her claim that Joseph Bishop raped her.

Shaun McCraney: How did you cope from that point, and did you go to Columbia?

McKenna Denson: I did not cope, and I did not go to Columbia.  I was not going to Columbia, anyway.  I was sent to Washington, D.C., and I was in a companionship.  So we were in a three, a group of three, I was with a companionship that was already established.  I was waiting for a visa or a different mission calling.  So I started having physical reactions, and I couldn't live with it.  I can now, but at the time I didn't know what was going on with me.  So I started shaking, and I couldn't get control of myself, and I was embarrassed, and I was ashamed, and I didn't want anyone to see me, I didn't want to explain it.  So I pretended that I, I left my camera in the car.  I pretended like I had to get it out of the car.  So while they were getting ready for bed, I was still dressed, and I ran to the elevator.  We were in Arlington, Virgina, a very tall apartment complex.  And I went downstairs and I ran into the parking lot, and I just started hyperventilating, and I almost started throwing up, and I was shaking, and I couldn't get control of my physical body.  And then, I don't know how long it was, it couldn't have been long, but the sisters came down and were like "what's the matter with you?"  And I was like "Um, somebody tried to rape me."  Yeah, that worked [rolls eyes].  So I don't know what they did.  I don't know if they called the district leader, or if they called the mission president directly, I don't know.  But I was sent to Provo, lived with a Mormon family.  They sent me to this therapist, who was horrible.  He was horrible.  One time, one interview.  

McCraney: LDS? 

Denson: Yes.  One hour.  He talked about himself.  And then he said to me, "You have a secret."  He was really creepy about it.  "You have a secret.  You have a secret."  And I'm like, "Yeah, and I'm sure as hell not telling you."  Anyway, I would not talk to him, wouldn't see him again.  Didn't like him.  Didn't trust him.

Edited by NeuroTypical

7 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

This transcript is her admitting making a false rape claim and explains why.

From what you quoted, I didn't read where she said it was false though.  

I think some people are just crazy, or mentally ill, and make up stuff to draw attention. Her transcripts is very ... weird, like she definitely has something going on up in her head.

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

False rape claims exist, and they are incredibly tragic. 

A fatal automobile accident is tragic. Heart failure at 40 is tragic. A false rape claim is no tragic. It is indefensible, and should be punished with the same severity as the supposed rape would have been.

17 minutes ago, Chilean said:

From what you quoted, I didn't read where she said it was false though.  

She was having some sort of panic attack/mental issue, and when she was noticed, she explained her reactions by claiming she had been raped.   She had not been raped.  She was having some sort of panic attack/mental issue.  There was no rapist.

13 minutes ago, Vort said:

A fatal automobile accident is tragic. Heart failure at 40 is tragic. A false rape claim is no tragic. It is indefensible, and should be punished with the same severity as the supposed rape would have been.

Well, first you have to make sure everybody has the same definition of rape.

F4637DC0-476D-4674-A9B3-C7AA021FFBE5.thumb.jpeg.e6f20307514458916f6d5c3cfd3a41eb.jpeg

22 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

She was having some sort of panic attack/mental issue, and when she was noticed, she explained her reactions by claiming she had been raped.   She had not been raped.  She was having some sort of panic attack/mental issue.  There was no rapist.

Ohhh I see Thank you. :)

On 10/4/2018 at 2:08 PM, NeuroTypical said:

We've heard they exist.  It makes sense at least a portion of rape claims are false.  But we've never seen one.

Well, let's see at least one, just so we can all say we've encountered one.  This is from a podcast/show between a professional church critic Shawn McCraney and McKenna Denson.  Ms. Denson is the lady making the news claiming to have been raped by Joseph Bishop at the MTC.  This transcript is her admitting making a false rape claim and explains why.  These events are separate from her claim that Joseph Bishop raped her.

I've been accused of pedophilia and being a murderer. fortunately the guy was so toxic no one took him seriously.
Hugh nibley was accused by one of his daughters.

Edited by Blackmarch
correction

9 minutes ago, Blackmarch said:

I've been accused of pedophilia and being a murderer. fortunately the guy was so toxic no one took him seriously.
Hugh nibley was accused by one of his daughters (after he'd been dead for some time).

Nibley was still alive when his daughter made the claim. Got quite a bit of press. As I recall, somewhat less press was given to all of his other children unitedly calling their sister and her ex-husband liars.