Controversial topic

Anon the Great

Hi. I was banned from another board because my ideas are so radical.  I believe in reason of thought, but the ideas have to do with the sea gull and cricket miracle from God.  If I interpret the event in a controversial manner, am I going to banned from this board too?  I have studied Mormonism for many years, but I am not a member.  If I can't post the idea in here, can you direct me to an LDS board that will discuss  the controversial and deep ideas.  Thank you.  I am not an atheist, by the way.

Hello Anon -

I trust you’re familiar with the site rules; and beyond that, I would simply note that in Mormonism very often how you say something is at least as important as what you actually say.

With that in mind, ask away—and welcome!

2 hours ago, Anon the Great said:

Hi. I was banned from another board because my ideas are so radical.  I believe in reason of thought, but the ideas have to do with the sea gull and cricket miracle from God.  If I interpret the event in a controversial manner, am I going to banned from this board too?  I have studied Mormonism for many years, but I am not a member.  If I can't post the idea in here, can you direct me to an LDS board that will discuss  the controversial and deep ideas.  Thank you.  I am not an atheist, by the way.

We love ideas, but the issue comes when you begin trying to force our beliefs or backing us into imaginary corners saying “because you believe x, you have to believe x”.

Just learn the rules and follow them :)

Hi. I was banned from another board because my ideas are so radical.

Bah. We have no fear. Hit us with your best shot. Radical, thy name is MormonHub!

I believe in reason of thought,

A brother in truth! Welcome to your new home! Many years of profitable conversation await us.

but the ideas have to do with the sea gull and cricket miracle from God.

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!! POLLUTING THIS HOLY BOARD WITH YOUR HORRIBLE APOSTATE IDEAS ABOUT SEAGULLS AND CRICKETS?!! FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man. Some people's children. You give them an inch and they walk all over you.

Edited by Vort

Radicals ideas are not an issue, we all have "radical" ideas, thoughts, and theories.

I believe in reason of thought, -- Great so do we.

What do you mean by controversial manner? We all have radical ideas, thoughts, and theories, and these have never given reason to someone being banned -- at least to my knowledge.

What your personal ideology, theology, or anything is irrelevant. If we are Christians, Atheist, Buddhist, Jew, Gentile, Hindu, etc... the rules apply to all equally. So I echo what Just_A_Guy said:

1 hour ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Hello Anon -

I trust you’re familiar with the site rules; and beyond that, I would simply note that in Mormonism very often how you say something is at least as important as what you actually say.

With that in mind, ask away—and welcome!

4 minutes ago, Vort said:

Radical, thy name is MormonHub!

Just look at that name we still have!  Rebellion written all over it (with a lower-case "r").

5 minutes ago, Vort said:

You give them an inch and they walk all over you.

Or at least all over your crickets.

(Is it apostasy to throw french fries to the seagulls in the parking lot and then laugh as they waddle after them?)

Just now, zil said:

Just look at that name we still have!  Rebellion written all over it (with a lower-case "r").

We're incorrigible.

1 minute ago, zil said:

(Is it apostasy to throw french fries to the seagulls in the parking lot and then laugh as they waddle after them?)

No, but it might be illegal. Utah has laws protecting their seagulls.

16 minutes ago, zil said:

Right, well, I'll inform the folks doing that next time I see them.  Wasn't me.  Nope.  I'm too greedy, keep all the fries for myself.  Yep.

This puts me to remembrance of the time my sister threw up in a McDonald’s parking lot during a childhood road trip to Utah, and then the seagulls came, and . . .

Suffice it to say, it’s possible to feed *both* yourself *and* the seagulls.  Eventually.

18 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

This puts me to remembrance of the time my sister threw up in a McDonald’s parking lot during a childhood road trip to Utah, and then the seagulls came, and . . .

Suffice it to say, it’s possible to feed *both* yourself *and* the seagulls.  Eventually.

OK, now we need a "gag" reaction option! 🤢

Guest LiterateParakeet
8 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

LOL! My kids have a similiar story . . . crazy seagulls...

On 10/6/2018 at 6:47 AM, zil said:

We did - the Lord sent us yours and we kept it (what kind of nut would argue with the Lord over cricket-eating birds?).  Get yourselves a new bird. ;)

They try to steal my fries when I'm at the beach anyways. You can have them.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, Anon the Great said:

Anon, welcome. I have been kicked out of every LDS board except this one. I believe you are safe. 

1 hour ago, Rob Osborn said:

Anon, welcome. I have been kicked out of every LDS board except this one. I believe you are safe. 

How many boards are there??? I have only come across this one.

update: after some drastic googling and seconds of searching, I found a ton.

Edited by Fether

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

22 replies and only one from Anon 🤔

My thoughts as well. 

Besides, the truly controversial question is "Why do we keep @Anddenex around?" 

Actually wait, not much controversy at all about that one. Why do we keep you around?