So now all you men...

carlimac

Actually, if I recall correctly, President Nelson's words were about fasting from social media that does not uplift.  Now, I certainly can think of some social media that fits that bill in my life, and I'll take Pres Nelson up on that--- I've been trying to quit, and this is enforcement for that.  But as for this site-- I find sitting here, talking about Gospel topics, sharing perspectives/insights, and pondering things that way to indeed be uplifting.  So no fasting from MormonHub* for me :)

*Or whatever we soon shall be called.  

7 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

So no fasting from MormonHub* for me :)

*Or whatever we soon shall be called.  

I'm thinking "the hub at temple square" follows the precedent set so far 😄, but lds.net has a nice ring to it... maybe we'd even have a banner at the top with angels flying about sharing the gospel.

I was planning on including mormonhub in my fast, but haven't been able to decide when to start that. I've logged out of some accounts already, but I'm waiting for Monday for others. I won't be logging back on any of them until I've been off them all for at least ten days.

1 hour ago, carlimac said:

...can just have a party here while we women go to our quiet places, away from social media, to read the Book of Mormon.  Think you can get along without us for 10 days?  😉

I wonder how long it will take to catch up when we get back. I'm still behind from the last time I decided I needed a break.

Dang it.  We can't use "Deseret"?  Does the church own a copyright to that?  

Deseret.net is not a valid address.

Deseret.com is apparently already owned by the Church.  But it is down for maintenance.

8 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Dang it.  We can't use "Deseret"?  Does the church own a copyright to that?  

Deseret.net is not a valid address.

Deseret.com is apparently already owned by the Church.  But it is down for maintenance.

deseret.net is owned, but the owner's information isn't public (that's a "service" you have to pay extra for when you buy (really, rent) a domain).

41 minutes ago, mordorbund said:
On 10/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, carlimac said:

...can just have a party here while we women go to our quiet places, away from social media, to read the Book of Mormon.  Think you can get along without us for 10 days?  😉

@Fether has already started hanging signs.

This meeting of G.R.O.S.S. is officially called to order.

Edited by Vort

29 minutes ago, Vort said:
42 minutes ago, mordorbund said:
On 10/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, carlimac said:

can just have a party here while we women go to our quiet places, away from social media, to read the Book of Mormon.  Think you can get along without us for 10 days?  😉

@Fether has already started hanging signs.

This meeting of G.R.O.S.S. is officially called to order.

By the time the women get back Im sure MormonHub will be unsalvagable due to  the lack of their virtue in our discussions. We will have to make a new forum and name it something lame like “thirdhour” or something.

Edited by Fether

1 minute ago, Fether said:

By the time the women get back Im sure MormonHub will be unsalvagable because of the lack of their virtue.

Ironic, then, that the word virtue derives from the Latin word vir "man" (as opposed to fēmina "woman").