Last vote for forum name change

pam

Last vote for name change  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Of these two choices, which do you prefer? One is keeping the name but adding forum

• Third Hour Forum
    • Mormon Hub Forum

On 10/7/2018 at 10:13 PM, pam said:

And for those stating that those non members searching won't understand Third Hour, they won't get Latter-day Saint either

I disagree. Many non-members do know, many don't.  NO non-members would get third hour.  And many members wouldn't get it.

57 minutes ago, pam said:

The majority of searches I've seen have been on key words.  And many of those searches have brought them to the forum.  Not necessarily searching Mormon.

But who searching “are Latter-day Saints Christian?” Will click on “thirdhour forums”?

One benefit to having third hour being the name, I will admit, is that the community will remain rather small. I have an account in Mormon Dialogue, but I feel they get to page 4 within 2 hours of posting a new thread. It dissuades me from participating.

1 hour ago, Fether said:

But who searching “are Latter-day Saints Christian?” Will click on “thirdhour forums”?

One benefit to having third hour being the name, I will admit, is that the community will remain rather small. I have an account in Mormon Dialogue, but I feel they get to page 4 within 2 hours of posting a new thread. It dissuades me from participating.

re-directs

I'm going to make a prediction that goes against my better judgement.  

I'll predict that this new forum name will be slow at first.  But if we stick with it (longer than we did with mormonhub) the site membership and the number of active participants will grow to a level that will be difficult to manage.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

difficult to manage

So you're saying it will be populated with people like us?  (By us, of course, I mean like me and you and @MormonGator, and @mirkwood, and @Vort and @mordorbund, and @Anddenex, and @JohnsonJones (I've been trying to get him to shorten his posts for years, but haven't managed!).  And let's not forget that out-of-control-Canadian, @Sunday21, and her American counterpart, @LiterateParakeet - talk about a handful!  Yes, very difficult to manage.  ETA: Yes, I left out the more difficult ones, but they're all moderators, so...)

Edited by zil

1 hour ago, zil said:

So you're saying it will be populated with people like us?  (By us, of course, I mean like me and you and @MormonGator, and @mirkwood, and @Vort and @mordorbund, and @Anddenex, and @JohnsonJones (I've been trying to get him to shorten his posts for years, but haven't managed!).  And let's not forget that out-of-control-Canadian, @Sunday21, and her American counterpart, @LiterateParakeet - talk about a handful!  Yes, very difficult to manage.  ETA: Yes, I left out the more difficult ones, but they're all moderators, so...)

I was talking more like...

6 hours ago, Fether said:

I have an account in Mormon Dialogue, but I feel they get to page 4 within 2 hours of posting a new thread. It dissuades me from participating.

23 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I was talking more like...

Oooooh, not difficult for them to manage us, difficult for us to manage the volume of posts we have to derail, doctrinally correct, and otherwise make snarky and sagacious comments in.  Got it!  You're right, as usual.  We should probably plan now for how to chase people off when there get to be too many.  And the software developers need to hurry up and implement my request to enable us to "ignore" both individual threads and entire subforums.

2 hours ago, zil said:

Oooooh, not difficult for them to manage us, difficult for us to manage the volume of posts we have to derail, doctrinally correct, and otherwise make snarky and sagacious comments in.  Got it!  You're right, as usual.  We should probably plan now for how to chase people off when there get to be too many.  And the software developers need to hurry up and implement my request to enable us to "ignore" both individual threads and entire subforums.

My solution is to periodically encourage a social media fast....

2 hours ago, zil said:

Sorry, @person0 - I guess you just didn't pop into my mind when I saw the words "difficult to manage".  Maybe you could try being a little more obnoxious for a while?

Yes.  Let's not get him confused with @askandanswer

• pam locked this topic
  • pam unpinned this topic