Sundays: Changes needed?

richard7900

Hi. My personal view is that the meetings of the saints on Sundays is far from being as beneficial as they cou;ld be.

Our Sunday meetings could be arranged differently so that actually we got away from sitting in rows facing lessons practically the whole time.

If I had my druthers I'd  spend less time on teachers addressing the saints, and focus on trying to build up the sense of Zion community.

Sure, we are the latter day Zion people, but our Sunday services hardly appeal to that fact, Our Sunday services are old-fashioned, based essentially on the mainstream Christian  world's way of doing things.

Also, I would not have straight rows for sitting, but more a conference layout.

I think there would be less people feeling they are outsiders, if the church re-jigged it's Sunday program. And thought much more about how can Sunday be more of an opportunty for the saints to feel they are Zion and to be knit together rather more closely than we are.

Edited by richard7900

19 minutes ago, richard7900 said:

I haven't been the my ward for ages. Never-the-less the Spirit of God reflects on the spirit of a man and gets him to thinking on any subject.

Do I understand correctly that you haven't attended church in ages?  Or is it that you haven't attended your own ward in ages?  If you haven't attended at all in ages, are you sure you know how things now work?  (If it's just your own ward you haven't attended, disregard this question.)

1 hour ago, richard7900 said:

Hi. My personal view is that the meetings of the saints on Sundays is far from being as beneficial as they cou;ld be.

Our Sunday meetings could be arranged differently so that actually we got away from sitting in rows facing lessons practically the whole time.

If I had my druthers I'd  spend less time on teachers addressing the saints, and focus on trying to build up the sense of Zion community.

Sure, we are the latter day Zion people, but our Sunday services hardly appeal to that fact, Our Sunday services are old-fashioned, based essentially on the mainstream Christian  world's way of doing things.

Also, I would not have straight rows for sitting, but more a conference layout. 

I think there would be less people feeling they are outsiders, if the church re-jigged it's Sunday program. And thought much more about how can Sunday be more of an opportunty for the saints to feel they are Zion and to be knit together rather more closely than we are.

Is your concern primarily the physical layout / seating of the people in classes (or also in Sacrament meeting)?  Or is the seating merely one of your concerns?  What do you feel arcs of chairs (still in rows - there are rows of arcs in the conference center) would offer better than straight rows?

Are you suggesting that rather than having teachers, we either have no one directing the discussion or have someone act as a discussion facilitator?  Or...?

What does "re-jigged" look like to you?  How does this re-jigging cause people to feel they are Zion and knit together (better than pre-jigged does)?