Our organization before we came into the world

richard7900

In a vision of Brigham Young, Joseph Smith told him: "....Tell the brethren if they will follow the spirit of the Lord they will go right. Be sure to tell the people to keep the Spirit of the Lord; and if they will, they will find themselves just as they were organized by our Father in Heaven before they came into the world. Our Father in Heaven organized the human family, but they are all disorganized and in great confusion".

This fascinates me. About the organization. Not much revealed though about this. How are we in confusion and all disorganized? Any ideas?

12 minutes ago, richard7900 said:

In a vision of Brigham Young, Joseph Smith told him: "....Tell the brethren if they will follow the spirit of the Lord they will go right. Be sure to tell the people to keep the Spirit of the Lord; and if they will, they will find themselves just as they were organized by our Father in Heaven before they came into the world. Our Father in Heaven organized the human family, but they are all disorganized and in great confusion".

This fascinates me. About the organization. Not much revealed though about this. How are we in confusion and all disorganized? Any ideas?

WW2, Every US election, Communism, gang wars, political corruption, McCarthyism,  MormonHub’s decision to be renamed ThirdHour, etc

1 hour ago, richard7900 said:

Here is a source of the quote you are referencing, or at least a similar quote: Here

If you have source of this actual quote as has been asked by @zil it would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Anddenex said:

Here is a source of the quote you are referencing, or at least a similar quote: Here

If you have source of this actual quote as has been asked by @zil it would be helpful.

I searched my sources and couldn't find anything close to this.  And I can't even find "disorg..." or "conf..." on the page you linked. :(

OK, this:

Joseph stepped toward us, and looking very earnestly, yet pleasantly, said: ‘Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach them what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the Kingdom. … Tell the brethren that if they will follow the spirit of the Lord, they will go right’” (JH).

Now, what does JH mean....

Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 23 Feb. 1847. Historical Department Archives. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Apparently I don't have these documents.  Googling...  Wow, this is kinda poorly indexed, IMO....  OK, found a better index...  Go here:

https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE292116

...scroll to the date above: 23 Feb 1847.  The "quote" is from a dream Brigham Young had.  The organization is clearly in reference to the sealing power.  While I don't know that the answer ends there (indeed, what comes after this quote is interesting), it is related.

ETA: First Image, Second Image

Edited by zil

The most interesting bit (IMO):

Joseph then shewed me the pattern, how they were in the beginning.  This I cannot describe, but I saw it, and saw where the Priesthood had been taken from the earth and how it must be joined together, so that there would be a perfect chain from Father Adam to his latest posterity.

7 hours ago, richard7900 said:

4 hours ago, zil said:

The organization is clearly in reference to the sealing power. 

4 hours ago, zil said:

The most interesting bit (IMO):

"Joseph then shewed me the pattern, how they were in the beginning.  This I cannot describe, but I saw it, and saw where the Priesthood had been taken from the earth and how it must be joined together, so that there would be a perfect chain from Father Adam to his latest posterity."

Before Wilford Woodruff, sealings operated on the principle of "adoption". The revelation he received can be found in Boyd K. Packer's The Holy Temple. This practice may be amended further, but I only have a tangential reference for that.