Finding “The One”

Families are important in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. One of the most important ordinances performed in the Church is the temple sealing, where families can be sealed for time and all eternity. This means that marriages and families have the opportunity to remain intact even after death. Because of this belief, Latter-day Saints rank high in marriage rates. But the anxiety to find "the one" can sometimes seem overwhelming to those of a marriageable age. But, is there such a thing as "the one?" Is there someone out there who is your soul mate whom you were foreordained to marry? These are the questions I hope to answer. Do "Soul Mates" Exist?  The short answer is no—and yes. I know that doesn’t make sense, but let me explain. President Spencer W. Kimball said the following on soul mates:  “Soul mates” are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be...

View the full article