JohnsonJones

Well, it seems that it's been downgraded to a Tropical Storm.  Hopefully any who were directly in it's path are safe.  The friends I have in the Panhandle were fortunate.  It appeared they were directly in it's path but supposedly they only got on the West side of it and it grazed them.  Winds were higher but nothing like what hit Panama City and Mexico Beach.

The crazy thing was it was still a Cat 3 Hurricane when it hit Georgia.  Thus far all I've heard is about downed trees and power outages.  They had one radio/communications tower that fell over and the A from Alabany State University fell off of a building.  Albany areas sounds like it got hit hardest, some windows blown out.  Still, crazy that it hit Georgia.  Hopefully the Saints are safe and good.

Edit: Sounds like I was wrong, it sounds like an 11 yr old girl was killed when debris crashed into her home.  Sounds like it may have been Florida instead of Georgia though.  At least one other death in Florida as well.

Billboards were also blown over in the Albany area.

Edited by JohnsonJones