An Anxious Girl’s Reflections on General Conference

There are so many things to love about General Conference. Let’s be real: not having to get ready for Church is a perk in itself. I’ll take wearing my pajamas over a dress any day. (Remember when Elder Holland gave a talk in which he said that he could picture all of us at home listening to Conference, wearing our Sunday best? Good one, J. Holl!) But that’s not the reason I love Conference. I mean, hey, it doesn’t hurt — but even aside from the wonder that is eating cinnamon rolls from the comfort of my own home while listening to incredible speakers, there’s more to it than that. I love General Conference because I love being taught how to grow closer to the Lord. That being said, though, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: sometimes it makes me, a naturally anxious person, feel a tad overwhelmed. Yes, I love hearing the word of the Lord via modern-day prophets and apostles. I love the strength of...

View the full article