A New Roost

Guest psych_murse

Guest psych_murse

Hello,

I am a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am a psychiatric nurse, the department director of a behavioral health unit at my local hospital, and in school to become a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.  I state those first just to explain my handle, but I consider my far more important role as that of husband and father.  I have four beautiful children and a wife whom I adore more than anything.

I had a former (non-Church related) forum where I could get my online socialization done, but I found the quality of that location swiftly nosediving in many ways.  Here, I find I may be more limited (I love to talk politics, even debating partisan issues, but I don't believe that's permitted here), but that limitation is likely a good thing.  I am trying to reduce my online presence so that I can be more available with my limited time to my family.  Still, it would be nice to have a community with whom I can express my ideas.  As I love this church and its history, I figured this would be a better place to make my thoughts known.

I look forward to future discussion with all of you!

• 1 year later...
Guest psych_murse

I have come here from time to time to read, but rarely contribute.  Truthfully, my life is at such a busy point that I shouldn't engage too much in socialization.  However, I feel like I need to start discussing my concerns over current events with other members of the Church.  Hopefully, I will make more friends than enemies here!