Unexpected lessons that you have learned

Guest Scott

I don't necessarily mean Church lessons.  I mean anything that you have learned that was an unexpected lesson; preferably something with at least a little bit of humor involved.

For example, here is one unexpected lesson that I learned.   Does anyone here have or has had those Max Minnow and Ten Little Dinosaurs books?  

Here is one thing I did learn (the hard way) about embassies. I learned that the "eyeballs" in the children's book below set off bomb detectors. My wife and I had to go to the US embassy in Costa Rica and we had our 20 month son with us and thus the book. The liquid in the eyeballs (whatever it is) set off the bomb detectors and we had to stand against the wall while they searched our bad. Thankfully they thought it was hilarious when they found out what it was that set off the bomb detectors.

ten.thumb.jpg.dfa9b53f74876c333693e3167203020f.jpg

What unexpected lessons have you learned?  

I know that book!  My daughter likes it.

Random fact I learned this summer: a skunk deemed my house worthy of spraying.  But you know a wonderful counter to skunk stench?  Burnt popcorn!  BBQ a bag of popcorn so bad to fill your house up with black smoke, and suddenly you can't smell the skunk anymore :)    It's a MUCH better aroma.