10 Days of Freedom From Social Media

In the women's session of the October 2018 General Conference, President Russell M. Nelson challenged the women of the Church to participate in a 10-day social media fast from any media that "bring negative and impure thoughts to your mind." The Challenge At first, my reaction was: https://giphy.com/gifs/gets-smart-question-vQqeT3AYg8S5O Another one?! But when a prophet of God issues a challenge, you do it. Joseph Smith once said, “a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has the power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.” As someone who participated in the 7-day social media fast for youth (no, I am not a youth anymore, I just have a persuasive younger sister) I felt like I was gonna crush this 10-day fast. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. https://giphy.com/gifs/justeat-3oEjHJGkUtFQ74aid2 The Fast It is amazing how we come to rely on social media. I think I made it to around day three before I broke down and purchased a book to fill the time. Because I had SO. MUCH. TIME. And I may or may...

View the full article

11 minutes ago, Vort said:

@pam: The open-bracket-s-close-bracket combination [ s ] is messing up how this renders. You might want to fix that.

She can't. It's standard BB code for stikethrough. The Invision folk would have to decide the forum software.  You either have to use a different bracket or add the spaces.