carlimac

More struggles with Direction from stake President

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

Dungeons & Dragons was evil? Really?

Oh, @Sunday21

I had 4 teachers at Catholic school tell me that DnD and Magic:The Gathering were "satanic", should not be played by anyone, etc. Growing up in the 90s during the tail end of the "satanic panic" was incredibly irritating. 

After I graduated from high school I had the unfortunate experience to run into one of those whiny teachers at a supermarket. I showed her my Magic card deck (I used to carry a blue/white turbo stasis around with me) and said "You weren't terribly influential in my life." Obnoxious and sophomoric? Yup. Sweet justice after having been lectured for four years about how evil those games were? Yup. 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I showed her my Magic card deck (I used to carry a blue/white turbo stasis around with me)

Do you still play?  I've been teaching my ten year old son to play and he really likes it.

Side Note:  I unexpectedly got a game for Christmas called Unstable Unicorns that plays in a style similar to MTG (It has the equivalent of instants, sorceries, enchantments/artifacts, and creatures with and without abilities - no manna - no deck building), but the objective is to be the first player with an army of 7 unicorns.  It is super fun and I highly recommend it!

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

No, I haven't in over a decade. It's a great game and I have wonderful memories playing it though. 

If you still played I was going to invite you to play me online through Cockatrice.  Well, we now know we have at least one thing in common!  Hey, I might even try and visit next time I'm in Florida!  😀