Heading to Utah

Grunt

19 hours ago, anatess2 said:

But, the real question is... did @classylady do anything to threaten your membership?  

We were very well behaved. Wink. Wink.

My hubby was there too. And all he wants to talk about is Amature (Ham) Radio. Since he knew Grunt has his license he was all excited to meet him. That really wasn’t what we talked about most of the time. We heard Grunt’s conversion story in wonderful detail.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Grunt said:

In Utah for a few more days.  I think I'll be in Temple Square for a few hours at the end of the week if anyone else will be there.

This is turning out to be quite the trip for you!  I may be able to get up to that neck of the woods around lunch time Friday, but I’m not a great conversationalist in-person so it might be kind of dull unless some other people come along to liven things up.  @pam, @mirkwood, @estradling75, @zil—anyone else interested?

1 minute ago, Just_A_Guy said:

This is turning out to be quite the trip for you!  I may be able to get up to that neck of the woods around lunch time Friday, but I’m not a great conversationalist in-person so it might be kind of dull unless some other people come along to liven things up.  @pam, @mirkwood, @estradling75, @zil—anyone else interested?

I think it will be Thursday afternoon. I want to watch the movie in the JS Memorial Building and buy a goat or something.  I fly home Thursday evening.

Edited by Grunt

1 minute ago, Grunt said:

I think it will be Thursday afternoon. I want to watch the movie in the JS Memorial Building and buy a goat or something.  I fly home Thursday evening.

I can do Thursday morning but have to be in Spanish Fork by 1.  Let me know if you think something might work.  

6 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I think it will be Thursday afternoon.  I fly home Thursday evening.

I have to work Thursday, and then we have our RS Christmas celebration that evening  Anyway, I'm more boring in person than @Just_A_Guy ever dreamed of.  @pam, on the other hand, is the life of the party - once she's opened the tequila! ;)

Edited by zil
The tequila bit is a joke, folks!

15 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I'm not invited huh? 

Oh well. I don't think I could get work off anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Well, pull over every Uber heading north.

Depending on the route you take north, you might drive right past my place of employment.  Which is (but isn't) an art gallery.

1 minute ago, Grunt said:

No, thankfully.  I always put any liquids I pack in ziplock bags.  I did the same thing with the pens.

Good.  It's the change in air pressure - happens in the cabin too.  If the pen is nib up, so the expanding air is pushed out of the nib, it's mostly ok (maybe a few droplets in the cap), but any other orientation, and the expanding air pushes ink out the nib.  It's only a problem on take-off, if I remember correctly what they say.