Ordering from LDS Distribution Center

ctr2961

https://store.lds.org - This is for personal orders for home.   I know I can order a magazine subscriptions for my home. 

What items(except for Garments) and I allowed to order without a temple recommend from LDS Distribution Center? 

I can buy certain items, but when I try to buy other items I can not "Add to cart".  "Add to cart".  is greyed out.  . Is this just my account or does others have the same issue?

One example is I can not add the Seminary Student Home Study guide, is this because I am not a student or a teacher?

Edited by ctr2961
add more info

Sounds like a technical glitch.  Click the 'help' link (at the bottom of the page) and they're get the glitch fixed.   Anyone is allowed to order anything, except for temple clothes which do require a recommend. 

(Also, if you want manuals and all, everything is available for free download.  The cost for the print version is simply to cover printing & shipping costs).  

Edited by Jane_Doe

I work with computers everyday to a point my eyes and head hurts.  So when I come home, I am mostly electronic free.  When I do scripture study, I "hit the books". 

I just haven't order stuff much from the distribution center, so I did not know if there was any restrictions(except ordering garments).

Also I just saw there is a big sales on discontinued stuff on the website. That may also cause some issues.

1 hour ago, ctr2961 said:

One example is I can not add the Seminary Student Home Study guide, is this because I am not a student or a teacher?

It could be because your membership number shows that you are not of Seminary Student age. Well, I just went online, and clicked on the New Testament Guide for Home-Study Seminary Student Manuel, and I had to sign on again with my lds log-in and password. For the Old Testament Guide for Home-Study Seminary Student Manuel, it let me add to the cart, no problem.

So, my question to you is: Do you have a lds dot org account?

10 minutes ago, Iggy said:

It could be because your membership number shows that you are not of Seminary Student age. Well, I just went online, and clicked on the New Testament Guide for Home-Study Seminary Student Manuel, and I had to sign on again with my lds log-in and password. For the Old Testament Guide for Home-Study Seminary Student Manuel, it let me add to the cart, no problem.

So, my question to you is: Do you have a lds dot org account?

I logged into a different browser later and I was able to order the seminary stuff,  but most of the discount stuff, the "add to cart" was greyed out.  Grey out = Possible out of inventory? 

I ordered 3 of the plain soft covers of BOM, so at least they are not running out of Book of Mormons..  :)

Also what is the difference between the 1981 scriptures and the current scripture sets?

Edited by ctr2961

3 hours ago, ctr2961 said:

I logged into a different browser later and I was able to order the seminary stuff,  but most of the discount stuff, the "add to cart" was greyed out.  Grey out = Possible out of inventory? 

I ordered 3 of the plain soft covers of BOM, so at least they are not running out of Book of Mormons..  :)

Also what is the difference between the 1981 scriptures and the current scripture sets?

Every time I order from lds distribution, I have to call. They always tell me that there is no reason that they can see why I can’t place the order. That site is full of glitches. It is not you just the site.