How Wide the Divide? A dialogue with theplains

mordorbund

4 minutes ago, Klaymen said:

But "Christians" are baptized all the time without the authority of any prophet, so why would you want to be named among them?

I think you want to see us as close enough, but obviously we aren't close enough for me to be considered LDS so what's the difference?

LDS people don't deny other people's love of the Savior or desire/efforts to follow Him as His disciples.  We don't play the "they're not a Christian" game that other groups do.

The topic of institutional priesthood authority is different than an individual's love of the Savior.

As to of being dedicated to Truth and calling out when a doctrine is false: that's not something I or anyone else is going to apologize for.  Such must be done in charity, less all become clanging cymbal, but that does not negate the importance of Truth.  

30 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

abominable.jpg.e332ff7e79182bdb0f13a084a556aead.jpgkisspng-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-t

Nope.  Totally different.  The green guy has longer legs and his toenails aren't showing, he's got a narrower chest/shoulders area, no mask-like thing around his eyes, more triangular shaped head than oval, almost beak-like mouth instead of a gaping maw.  Nope.  Completely different.

1 minute ago, zil said:

Nope.  Totally different.  The green guy has longer legs and his toenails aren't showing, he's got a narrower chest/shoulders area, no mask-like thing around his eyes, more triangular shaped head than oval, almost beak-like mouth instead of a gaping maw.  Nope.  Completely different.

Abominable Grinch.

The yeti is way way cute.

15 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Is that Luke Skywalker with the red cap?

I think his name is Yukon Jack (or something like that).  If only I could query a ridiculously large database to find out....  Yukon Cornelius.  Hmm, what about the elf...  Hermey (there's a reason to run away from the people who gave you that name).  You can relive the magic on Saturday, 08 December 2018 at 8pm EST on CBS.

• 1 month later...

I scrolled through this discussion..... 

got the impression that the person this discussion is intended for has not replied......

so I am thinking of giving you a suggestion based on a trend that I have noticed among non Latter day Saint Christians.

I went through about five years of confusion myself as I began to study NDE accounts, (1990 - 1995)..... but then I pretty much concluded that IF

a near death experience includes a Life Review... it is very probably Messiah Yeshua Jesus keeping his promise.... to judge us......

and to ... in the future... speak plainly of the Father.  

Look at how divided Christianity is on this topic:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/friends-of-yours-watch-heaven-is-for-real-and-ask-you-about-it.8032497/

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

1. *

Yes

12 vote(s)
    46.2%

No

12 vote(s)
    46.2%

I am not sure but I am looking into this.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%

I could be wrong......

I often am but....  I take the man Mark Taylor very seriously.... he seems genuinely gifted to me so.......

his statements about Messiah Yeshua - Jesus wanting millionaires and billionaires to purchase organizations like CNN.....

I think should be taken seriously......

and I believe that you Latter day Saints are in a position to move into news media.....

documentaries..... reality films... and semi- reality science fiction films... that will increase and increase and increase in value over the coming decades and centuries.......

because the world of 2185 as shown to former Atheist Howard Storm......

I think that that time is coming......

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a04

They explained to me that their concern was for all the people of the world. They weren't interested in one group getting ahead of other groups. They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.