The Love of Christ Will Never Fail Us

---------------------------------------------------

"We, [the Lord's] daughters, need to know that He loves

us. We need to know that He sees the good in us. Feeling His love

encourages us to press forward, reassures us that we are His, and confirms

to us that He cherishes us even when we stumble and experience temporary

setbacks. . .

"Our Heavenly Father loved us before we came to this

earth. I know that He loves us, sisters, as does His Son, Jesus Christ.

That love will never change--it is constant. You can rely on it.

We can trust it.

"Just as the motto of Relief Society reminds us

that 'charity never faileth,' we must believe that the love of

Christ will never fail us. All that we do in Relief Society should reflect

the love of our Savior and the love of our Heavenly Father. This great love

should be the source of our motivation to serve others. It must be both our

point of origin and our destination!"

Topics: Jesus Christ, love,

eternal perspective, service

(Bonnie D. Parkin, "Eternally Encircled in His Love," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 108)

Some time ago as I was going through great trauma and trials, I had a dream that confirmed this very truth - that He loves us. I have not shared this experience with many people, but here goes, to the whole world wide web --

At that time, I was just shattered, emotionally worse than empty. I had cried myself to sleep. I dreamed a nightmare of torment, and then I dreamed that I saw the face of Jesus, and he had tears in his eyes.

I thought, oh, He is crying for me, and I was quite touched; and then knew that it was not the case. Then I thought, He is crying with me, and then knew that was not quite it either. Then it dawned on me.

He was crying MY tears. MY tears were coming out of HIS eyes.

I suddenly awoke, and at that moment I knew that if No person on earth loved or cared for me, Jesus did, Heavenly Father did, and that I was worth something.

I am so grateful for the blessing of that experience.

In the years since, I have pondered, and I have likened this to His atoning sacrifice and the blood He shed for me. How much of MY blood is mixed in with that? How much of the pain he suffered for sins is for MY sin?

And how can I know this and still sin? I have to repent constantly, and am oftentimes tempted to do unrighteous things. Sadly, I sometimes succumb to the temptations before me; of course, because I am not perfect.

Daily Gems

The Love of Christ Will Never Fail Us

---------------------------------------------------

"We, [the Lord's] daughters, need to know that He loves us. We need to know that He sees the good in us. Feeling His love encourages us to press forward, reassures us that we are His, and confirms to us that He cherishes us even when we stumble and experience temporary setbacks. . .

Everyone,

Just subscribe to LDSGEMS so that you can have these delivered directly to your account. Why take up this space simply cutting and pasting what is already available?

Well sorry sixpacktr....

If you don't like me posting LDS Gems that I find inspiring to myself & to others just say so & I will stop wasting YOUR time...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know there was such a thing as GEMS - so I am better off for having read this topic!

I found Alaskagain's story inspiring. None of us are perfect and at first, I found the Relief Society archaic. I'm a single mother with a typically male job and quite happy to not be Harriet Home-maker, thanks very much. The first week I was there, we talked about flower arranging, knitting and sewing. I do none of those.

But - they were out to make life better for others. I was intruiged, so I returned. And they didn't want women to be opressed or unemployed. They agreed that in a perfect world, women would stay home and look after the babies, but this is not a perfect world and we do what we must.

I'm very pleased this topic is here because now I can subscibe to GEMS and maybe talk some Relief Society stuff with you guys? The ladies there are really nice, I'm just very shy about putting myself forward there.

<div class='quotemain'>

Everyone,

Just subscribe to LDSGEMS so that you can have these delivered directly to your account. Why take up this space simply cutting and pasting what is already available?

Well sorry sixpacktr....

If you don't like me posting LDS Gems that I find inspiring to myself & to others just say so & I will stop wasting YOUR time...

I don't subscribe.....and I enjoy you posting them......thanks SusieSA!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I was really touched by Alaskagain and that dream. I too have struggled so much in the last three years. In that time, I have questioned everything -- especially God and His love for me and my little family. I am convinced that Satan and his legions released all they had to convince me that God didn't love me and that I was intrinsically unloveable. One day, my brother gave me a blesssing. I didn't share with him beforehand the detail of my struggles. But he spoke to me as if he knew. He told me Father in Heaven was there with me in the darkest nights crying with me. What a revelation to my wounded soul! To finally know that He was there! That I hadn't been left alone. My strugglings turned around at that point and I am renewed with fresh courage and more hope.

Thanks for listening.

Misshalfway