The next logical step

Vort

13 minutes ago, Vort said:

Btw, based on the article, it's 11 years, not 20. I assume the headline is wrong. There's CNN's stellar reporting shining through.

I was about to say...  The article is full of mathematical weirdness - lots of mentions of 20, but only the actual dates being 11 - I wonder if the 1960 is a type-o and they meant to hit the 9, not the 0 - 1969.

Guest MormonGator

Speaking of trans issues, I got into a discussion/argument with a friend of mine about this. She mentioned that the battle for trans rights were the same as the battle for civil rights in the 50's/60's. I was stunned. There is no way you can compare transgender rights to civil rights-African Americans couldn't eat at the same lunch table as white people could in 1955. 

If I was African American I'd be a legitimately outraged at anyone making such a foolish comparison. 

7 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

That cannot be real. That has to be a hoax.

Or maybe as a society, we really are so evil that we openly reject truth—you know, that thing that will set us free—and instead embrace fantasy.

"All will be saved!", Satan claims. Indeed. But you should be aware of what that kind of "salvation" entails.

Edited by Vort

"You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age? Nowhere are you so discriminated against as with your age,"

-sigh-

TBH, I think the trans-six-year-old-girl story is more a story about mental illness than it is about transgender issues.  If I tried hard, I bet could probably scrape up a few trans-advocating facebook arguing buddies who have reached the same conclusion. 

Just now, Vort said:

That cannot be real. That has to be a hoax.

Or maybe as a society, we really are so evil that we openly reject truth—you know, that thing that will set us free—and instead embrace fantasy.

"All will be saved!" Indeed. But you should know what that kind of "salvation" means.

I thought it wasn't... but, unfortunately, it is.  I can't imagine how his 7 kids deal with it.

He joined The Transgender Project when he left his family to live as a trans woman.  That made him a she.  Then she decided to live as a child and one of the people in the project adopted her.  The family has a 7 year old daughter who wants a younger sister, so she decided she'll be a 6-year-old.  She said ever since she lived her life as a 6-year-old girl she was able to shed her responsiblities and just play, so she's not suicidal anymore.  She had a reality TV show at one point.

Guest MormonGator

I know a gay guy who thinks that transgenderism is "madness". I admire him for many reasons, and the hate he's gotten from his own community is totally repulsive. 

8 hours ago, Vort said:

Btw, based on the article, it's 11 years, not 20. I assume the headline is wrong. There's CNN's stellar reporting shining through.

8 hours ago, zil said:

I was about to say...  The article is full of mathematical weirdness - lots of mentions of 20, but only the actual dates being 11 - I wonder if the 1960 is a type-o and they meant to hit the 9, not the 0 - 1969.

When I read the article, they had added a note to the bottom saying the original article had misstated his requested "birth date." It was corrected to 1969.

Edited by SilentOne

It also appears he fought a city council who weren't fond of him re-naming his kids to be "Rolls" and "Royce".  It almost sounds like his pushing this has less to do with him  getting something for himself and more just wanting to mock a group of people he considers to be insane.  Maybe i'm misreading that though.  Regardless of the motive, he has a right to do whatever he wants.

It's sad that so many more reasoned voices get drowned out in click-baitable exceptionalism like this.  Am i the only person who knows people who are transgender that are not looking to yank the tablecloth out from under society's supper to keep themselves warm?

C'est la vie

I’m just going to say it like it is. You’ll probably think the same about my position. Please don’t take offense.

i think anybody who opposes LGBT folk are heartless, not following the spirit and ignorant.

im willing to accept I may not be able to get baptized due to this stance. I’ll wait it out just like blacks and supporters had to wait for the Priesthood. It’s literally the same thing just in our era.

Just for clarification: I think the leadership of the church are following the spirit. It’s the majority of members who are. God knows there would be a mass exodus if they started accepting LGBT. That’s why he hasn’t impressed on the leadership to change church positions on LGBT. Similar to how God knew all along that blacks would receive the Priesthood. He just knew that the members weren’t ready. I’d give it about 20-40 years and it will be changed.

1 hour ago, Tyme said:

I’m just going to say it like it is. You’ll probably think the same about my position. Please don’t take offense.

i think anybody who opposes LGBT folk are heartless, not following the spirit and ignorant.

im willing to accept I may not be able to get baptized due to this stance. I’ll wait it out just like blacks and supporters had to wait for the Priesthood. It’s literally the same thing just in our era.

Your off-putting attitude is making me not want to pay attention to your political posts.

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, Tyme said:

Just for clarification: I think the leadership of the church are following the spirit. It’s the majority of members who are. God knows there would be a mass exodus if they started accepting LGBT. That’s why he hasn’t impressed on the leadership to change church positions on LGBT. Similar to how God knew all along that blacks would receive the Priesthood. He just knew that the members weren’t ready. I’d give it about 20-40 years and it will be changed.

So, it is your position that God wants homosexuals to be in same sex marriages?

16 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, it is your position that God wants homosexuals to be in same sex marriages?

My position is that God loves all his children, wants them to be happy and in his church.

i figured for you, your position that all adults should be able to make their own decision would apply here.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Tyme said:

There’s nothing wrong with trans people. It’s no different than a former Catholic who chooses to be LDS. People should be able to live their authentic self’s. Period.

Agree in part. It's like changing the religion you were born into. I was born Catholic and swung to the LDS side. They are children of God, no doubt. 

However, that doesn't mean I should have to pay for their surgery, and it doesn't mean that @Vort should be forced to approve of their lifestyle. A Catholic doesn't have to pay my tithing nor approve of my change in religions. 

Edited by MormonGator

50 minutes ago, Tyme said:

My position is that God loves all his children, wants them to be happy and in his church.

i figured for you, your position that all adults should be able to make their own decision would apply here.

You didn't answer the question.  That's a talent of yours.

Do you believe God wishes for homosexuals to be sealed together in same sex-marriages?