Can You Really See God’s Hand In Your Life?

Recently I was reading one of George Handley's novels, titled American Fork, when I came across a character who felt estranged to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The character, Zacharias Harker, explains one of his dilemmas with the Church in the following way: I told him of the miracles I heard about growing up and not a one of them ever witnessed by me. Far from it. Little tender mercies that seemed to happen to everyone but me. At the beginning of the novel, Zacharias seems to be unable to see God's hand in his life. I fear that there may be many members of the Church who feel similarly to Zacharias—that everyone else but they seem to witness God's miracles, that their God is quiet. People like this may ask: can you really see God's hand in your life? Knowing God exists and that you are His child will improve your life. So, here are some ways we can learn to see the daily impact God is having...

View the full article

Believe that Divine promises are always kept so...

If we ask of God in faith, without waivering, we will receive wisdom from Him

If we earnestly seek we will find Him

If we are heavy ladened, and come to Him, He will give us rest.

All the asking, seeking and coming has to be done with humility, not with an attitude of entitlement and not with a preconceived notion of what the answer should be.

I’ve tried it both ways, each humble effort has been rewarded, each selfish desire has gone unanswered...and there have been more of the latter than the former...the natural man has not been easy to vanquish and if held at bay for a season, anxiously returns at the first opportunity.

Easiest example for me of His miracles is that I look at my adult son, non-verbal, cognitive ability of a 3 year old and see an angel, a blessing not a burden and know that no one sinned for him to be born and live his entire life as he is, but rather he was sent to mortality as he is that the glory of God might be made manifest.  It certainly has been.

Edited by let’s roll
Sense