Talks to Get You PUMPED for Thanksgiving

To be completely honest, I don't really need a lot of help getting pumped for Thanksgiving — just the words "stuffing" and "pumpkin pie" send little shivers of excitement up my spine. My dreams are filled with visions of buttery rolls, candied sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Stretchy pants, here I come! Okay, but the actual thanksgiving part of Thanksgiving? Clearly, I could use a little help in that department. So in order to get myself in the Thanksgiving mindset, I've compiled a list of ten talks that help me (and hopefully you, too! And U2, if they're reading this...) to focus on what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving season — and to recognize the blessings that I have all year round. 1. "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness" by Bonnie D. Parkin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vgpnCn-Ag Talk snippet: "Gratitude requires awareness and effort, not only to feel it but to express it. Frequently we are oblivious to the Lord’s hand. We murmur, complain, resist, criticize; so often we are not grateful. In the Book of Mormon,...

View the full article