10 Country Songs With Relatable Gospel Messages

I don't know about you, but I feel it's hard to find country songs nowadays that share uplifting messages. It seems like there is a neverending supply of songs that just talk about breakups, drinking, and cowboy boots. I don't know, maybe that's your thing. BUT. If you are in the mood for some classy country songs with inspiring messages, here are just a couple ideas: Life Changes by Thomas Rhett President Thomas S. Monson once stated that "nothing is as constant as change." Despite the changes that time will bring, we must learn to distinguish between "what is important and what is not" (Finding Joy in the Journey). Ain't it funny how life changes / You wake up, ain't nothing the same and life changes / You can't stop it, just hop on the train and / You never know what's gonna happen / You make your plans and you hear God laughing / Life changes, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Angels Among Us by Alabama "From the beginning down through...

View the full article

Interesting. Perhaps because I am just old enough to remember that country music used to have a tradition of including at least one gospel song on each album. Because of these ties between country and gospel, you can find many artists (especially the "classic" artists) who have covered many songs and hymns. This Ole House, Wings of a Dove, The Old Rugged Cross, Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, and so on.