FairMormon will be called...FairMormon

MrShorty

Over the course of the last month, I have seen a lot of websites and blogs (such as then MormonHub now ThirdHour) change their names from some variation of using Mormon to something else. I saw this blog post at FairMormon this week https://www.fairmormon.org/blog/2018/11/15/a-mormon-by-any-other-name discussing the history and such around the name Mormon. While I wasn't aware of all of the details, most of it was stuff I was at least vaguely aware of, so it did not stand out to me -- except the leading note from the Editor(s). The note says that, after requesting advice from "the Church" (whoever that really is), FairMormon was advised to keep their name. The reason given was that they are not an official part of the Church and they have a different purpose. I'm not sure what to think, but I thought it set an interested precedent -- a website that is friendly towards the Church, but not officially part of the Church could continue to use the name Mormon.

but I thought it set an interested precedent

I didn't know precedents had the capacity to be interested in anything. :P

Earlier today, my 10 y.o. daughter said,"Do you want to play The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint Mouthful?"  (IOW "Mormon Mouthful").  Yeah, interesting how all the ramifications cause some problems for various parties.

But like all commandments, it take adjustment.  And we all need to figure out how best to obey the commandment.