Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve?

Word Chasing

It's pretty awesome when science tries, but can't, get around God....  It's even better is when they have to admit that God is real....

Amen!

Scientists who do not believe in God are very narrow minded and usually very self-centered.  They are the center of their own universe, so, that begs the question--How much more is out there proving Our Creator that they're not telling us about?....Think about it.... It's impossible to control or manipulate someone who first puts their trust in God before people....It is for this reason our Founding Fathers set "freedom of religion" as number 1 in the Bill of Rights, even before "freedom of speech." 

People of the world do not like people who serve Jesus Christ because we cannot be controlled and are unpredictable moving only according to the Father's will and not according to the wills of people. For the control freaks of the world, that makes us dangerous......LOL!

Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve?.jpg

Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve? 2.jpg

Edited by Word Chasing

3 hours ago, Word Chasing said:

It's pretty awesome when science tries, but can't, get around God....  It's even better is when they have to admit that God is real....

Amen!

(Ok, professional scientist in evolution/ecology and highly devoted LDS Christian speaking here)

Properly understood, there is no conflict between religion and science.  They are simply two different epistemological techniques to get at two different aspect of life.  For example, science can't comment on the question "is there a god" because such a question is outside of the scientific method.  Faith/religion/spiritually can and does address that question.  And there are many other questions that science handles very well and enhance our lives that way (like modern medicine).  There's no "versus" here, only two different sphere enhancing our knowledge in a more well-rounded way.  

23 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

(Ok, professional scientist in evolution/ecology and highly devoted LDS Christian speaking here)

Properly understood, there is no conflict between religion and science.  They are simply two different epistemological techniques to get at two different aspect of life.  For example, science can't comment on the question "is there a god" because such a question is outside of the scientific method.  Faith/religion/spiritually can and does address that question.  And there are many other questions that science handles very well and enhance our lives that way (like modern medicine).  There's no "versus" here, only two different sphere enhancing our knowledge in a more well-rounded way.  

I believe science proves God because God created science.... You have a good mind.... let me attach a document for you to read on Genesis.... I think it will hit home for you... Please feel free to pray about it, research it and share it if you would like.... plagiarism is the greatest compliment in ministry. As a matter of fact.... God was waiting for you to come along...Blessings....

Discussing Genesis.pdf

Edited by Word Chasing

32 minutes ago, Word Chasing said:

I believe science proves God because God created science.... You have a good mind.... let me attach a document for you to read on Genesis.... I think it will hit home for you... Please feel free to pray about it, research it and share it if you would like.... plagiarism is the greatest compliment in ministry. As a matter of fact.... God was waiting for you to come along...Blessings....

Discussing Genesis.pdf

I'm going to completely disagree with you and the attachment.

"Science" by definition is a branch of philosophy wherein humans try to figure out the world using the scientific method.  It is an imperfect and re-iterating process.  God created the world that scientists study.  He creates/uses perfect Truths.  The imperfect philosophies that men make trying to understand that world are... well, man-made.  

Edited by Jane_Doe

45 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

I'm going to completely disagree with you and the attachment.

"Science" by definition is a branch of philosophy wherein humans try to figure out the world using the scientific method.  It is an imperfect and re-iterating process.  God created the world that scientists study.  He creates/uses perfect Truths.  The imperfect philosophies that men make trying to understand that world are... well, man-made.  

I agree...but God created people in His image...we are meant to be curious about the world around us, but we were never to use the things of this world to deny the existence of God....Atheists are so mixed up.... Scripture and science go hand and hand....God used an imperfect time, with imperfect people who did not have the experience or education that you and I now have to explain His creation to us in the Bible and Book of Mormon...Science is our struggle to understand what God created....don't you think people in scripture struggled with many of the same questions? God was faithful to answer them to in a fashion they could talk about, write down, translate, pass on etc....etc...etc.... Daniel didn't know what a Latter Day Saint was so he described them in terms he could understand....God loves us and works with our limitations all of the time....Blessings.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

If there were people prior to Adam they were all gone when Adam and Eve were placed here in my opinion.

Edit:  I am not saying there were people here prior to Adam.  We do not know.

As Adam was the first Man, I do not believe that there were people (spiritual beings) prior to Adam.  I don't discount the possibility that there may be humanoids without eternal spirits roaming the planet before Adam.

20 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

As Adam was the first Man, I do not believe that there were people (spiritual beings) prior to Adam.  I don't discount the possibility that there may be humanoids without eternal spirits roaming the planet before Adam.

What type of humanoids may have possibly been on the earth before Adam and Eve?

On 11/24/2018 at 6:08 AM, Word Chasing said:

Scientists who do not believe in God are very narrow minded and usually very self-centered.  They are the center of their own universe,
[...]
People of the world do not like people who serve Jesus Christ because we cannot be controlled and are unpredictable moving only according to the Father's will and not according to the wills of people. For the control freaks of the world, that makes us dangerous......

Not exactly the most open-minded post I've seen...

On 11/24/2018 at 8:08 AM, Word Chasing said:

Amen!

Scientists who do not believe in God are very narrow minded and usually very self-centered.  They are the center of their own universe, so, that begs the question--How much more is out there proving Our Creator that they're not telling us about?....Think about it.... It's impossible to control or manipulate someone who first puts their trust in God before people....It is for this reason our Founding Fathers set "freedom of religion" as number 1 in the Bill of Rights, even before "freedom of speech." 

People of the world do not like people who serve Jesus Christ because we cannot be controlled and are unpredictable moving only according to the Father's will and not according to the wills of people. For the control freaks of the world, that makes us dangerous......LOL!

When Galileo discovered that the earth orbits around the sun, the Church excommunicated him for heresy because he went against their teaching that God created the earth as the immovable center of the universe and that God created the sun to go around the earth.  Galileo couldn't deny the truth of his scientific discovery, therefore, the only path he has left is to declare that if God created the earth as the immovable center of the universe, then there must not be a God because right there on the end of my telescope is absolute proof that the earth orbits around the sun.

This is you @Word Chasing.  You're the guy that would have charged Galileo with heresy causing the faithful Galileo to stop believing in a God.

Edited by anatess2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 1:37 PM, dogwater said:

Well, the fox news article is wrong about the genetics as well. There are two different Adams, at least for a small subset of people in Africa with a different Y Chromosome.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23240-the-father-of-all-men-is-340000-years-old/

Now, how to square that with the Flood...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 8:08 AM, Word Chasing said:

Amen!

Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve?.jpg

Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve? 2.jpg

Yes...... I am convinced that a massive extinction event....... perhaps actually several of them did probably precede Adam and Eve.  I think that the details added on this topic by near death experiencer Dr. Richard Eby who had a near death experience....... are beyond my Security Clearance Level to attempt to argue against.

Here is a quotation about what Dr. Richard Eby was shown:

https://www.near-death.com/science/articles/richard-eby-and-secomd-coming-of-christ.html#a03

Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.

"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed 'adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony 'sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!"

16 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Oh, you sound so sure.  It's like you were there.  Time traveler? 

The idea of there being any living thing without an eternal spirit is not compatible with gospel principles.

Spirits are intelligent, self-existent, organized matter and are governed by eternal laws. Moreover, all living things had a pre-earthly spirit existence.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, person0 said:

The idea of there being any living thing without an eternal spirit is not compatible with gospel principles.

Spirits are intelligent, self-existent, organized matter and are governed by eternal laws. Moreover, all living things had a pre-earthly spirit existence.

D&C 77:2 does say that animals have spirits, but other Church sources clarify that it is a different kind of spirit.  According to many church sources, we, including our spirits are begotten sons and daughters of God, while animals are not.  So, the types of spirits are very different. 

See below for one explanation that explains it pretty well:

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2012/03/to-the-point/do-animals-have-spirits-what-happens-to-them-after-they-die?lang=eng&_r=1

14 hours ago, Scott said:

D&C 77:2 does say that animals have spirits, but other Church sources clarify that it is a different kind of spirit.  According to many church sources, we, including our spirits are begotten sons and daughters of God, while animals are not.  So, the types of spirits are very different. 

See below for one explanation that explains it pretty well:

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2012/03/to-the-point/do-animals-have-spirits-what-happens-to-them-after-they-die?lang=eng&_r=1

@person0 - isn't saying they have the "same" spirits as us. He was merely pointing out that anything "living" would have had a spirit. All spirits are eternal in the sphere which God created them within, as you know, our spirits do not die and they give life to earthly/mortal bodies (i.e. animal, insect, human, etc..)

Person0 can clarify, but I think he would agree with my statement.

I want to clarify something about science and religion (in particular a knowledge of G-d).  Science is a structured method of learning based in a particular set of rules.  In essence science only considers what can be empirically validated through the basic 5 senses of observation.  Though logic is employed in science - the conclusions must be empirically validated by observation.

The witness of the spirit does not require any of the 5 senses of observation.  In fact we are instructed that things of the spirit are not physically discerned.   Things of the spirit cannot be validated by empirical observation of human senses.  There is no common set between science and spiritual manifestation.   I am inclined to conclude that those that try to prove spiritual manifestations with scientific means likely do not understand science or the workings of the spirit - or both.

There is a bridge from which we can combine things learned from science with things learned with the manifestations of the spirit - we call this bridge "logic".  It is important to note that the use of logic has rules and principles that govern its use.  But the main point I want to make is that those that intend to demonstrate the things of the spirit by scientific method are sadly delusional.   Note that I did not say wrong but rather delusional. It is my personal belief that delusional conclusions cannot be trusted - even if they appear to be correct and correspond to things understood through proper methods.

No one will prove any spirit to exist with scientific means and methods.

@Vorthas suggested the possibility that a mass extension event occurred prior to Adam and Eve.  Science seems to validate that premise.  The one problem I have encountered for which I have no answer is if physical death (the first death) existed anywhere in this universe prior to the fall of Adam and Eve.  The revelations given with the spirit are without empirical evidence and the empirical evidence seems to indicate that physical death is not just possible in this universe but the most likely and inevitable result of any existing life.  There is no evidence that an eternal life form exists or can exist in this universe.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

5 hours ago, Anddenex said:

@person0 - isn't saying they have the "same" spirits as us. He was merely pointing out that anything "living" would have had a spirit.

I agree. I was just saying that the spirits are different.