What Can We Learn From the Ancient Temples of Egypt?

On Thursday, November 15, I attended a fascinating presentation given by Steven Densley at the Jordan Event Center. Densley had recently returned from a trip to Egypt and presented on the symbolism of the Egyptian temples and tombs. As I listened to Densley’s presentation, one line he said particularly resonated with me: “It all seems very familiar."  Steven Densley Now, there’s no way for me to relate everything Densley said about Ancient Egyptian temples—all I can give is a watered-down synopsis. I won't be focusing on the temple worship of Latter-day Saints (sometimes erroneously called Mormons), but, as you read, you should keep your own temple worship in mind. I hope also that you can learn something new about your own temple worship by learning about the temple worship of those who lived so long ago. Do Our Rituals and Ordinances Ever Change? Jesus institutes the sacrament during the Passover. We might think they don't, for how could something so central to the gospel as a religious ritual ever change? But the reality is...

View the full article